[22: Recoveries]

Tanjiro slowly opened his eyes, tears slowly falling down his face. "A dream? Where am I...?" He thought, getting blinded by the bright light shining at him. He would soon realize that he is in a room full of medical paraphernalia. 

After a couple of seconds, he heard a vase fall, with a woman standing in front of the door, he noticed that the woman is Kanao. "Are you okay? After the fight ended, you didn't regain consciousness for two whole months." Kanao said as she smiled at Tanjiro, going by his side. 

"Oh. I see..." Tanjiro slowly said, still confused about his dream. 

"I'm so glad you're awake..." Kanao said as she smiled at Tanjiro, tears gathering around her eyes. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Goto, the kakushi who always helps Tanjiro, and also the kakushi who called Tanjiro out for sleeping during the hashira meeting, is currently walking in with some high-quality castella in his hands, hoping that Tanjiro will wake up if he smelled it. 

When he got there he saw the broken vase and got annoyed at the person who didn't clean it, and soon saw Kanao in front of Tanjiro. Goto just sighed knowing that Kanao is weird and only slays demons. He cleaned up the broken vase and slowly went to Tanjiro's bed. 

"Uhh, I brought some castella over. So please clear the way so I can put this down. If it looks spoiled just go ahead and eat it." He said as he put the castella down, he heard someone talk in a deeper voice and when he looked up, he saw Tanjiro thanking him. "HE WOKE UP!! WHY AREN'T YOU SCREAMING!!?" 

Goto started lecturing Kanao for not making any noise and for not alarming them that Tanjiro is awake, he also then called everybody else, the three girls, Aoi, and the Unknown hashira. All of them came running in, the three girls crying, Aoi being covered in laundry, and the Unknown hashira's haori still messed up. 

"YOUNG BOY!!" Y/n shouted and immediately plopped down beside Tanjiro, hugging the teen, and making him cough a bit. "Young boy! Are you okay now? How is your body? Can you move? Can you breathe? Do I need to do something else?" Y/n asked many questions in a frenzy, but they will stop when they felt a tug on their haori. 

"Y/n-sama! Tanjiro-kun is not ready for that yet!" The three girls said at the same time making Y/n realize that Tanjiro doesn't look good yet. 

"Oh, sorry, young boy! I was just really worried for you since you're sleeping for two months! That's way too long!" Y/n said as they fixed their haori. "I was so worried that I decided to ask Shinobu if I can rent one room in her mansion. So if you wake up I would be here immediately!" 

This made Tanjiro tear up a bit, smiling slowly. "I'm fine now, Y/n-san, you don't need to worry anymore," Tanjiro said and he closed his eyes when he felt the hashira's head pat. "Also... are the others okay?" He asked, worried about his friends. 

"The blond dude who left this place the other day? He's back in service, he was also screaming and crying." Goto said. "And the Sound Hashira walked off on his own with his wives supporting him." 

"Oh, okay... and Inosuke...?" Tanjiro asked while he was looking up at the ceiling. Aoi then started crying and talked about how Inosuke was on the verge of dying, telling everyone that Inosuke is in critical condition. "Oh, okay... Then I must be hallucinating Inosuke clinging to the ceiling like that." 

Everyone looked up and low and behold, Inosuke is there clinging to the ceiling. Everyone started screaming and Aoi started telling Inosuke that he shouldn't do anything brash since he didn't accept the medicine that they gave him. 

Y/n realized that everyone is doing good so, they slowly slipped out of the room, going back to the room they rented. As soon as they got there, they took off their mask and slowly started sliding down, their body slumping. They covered their face, tears gushing out of their eyes, their body shivering from the sadness and worry that they experienced for a couple of months. 

"I'm so glad that you're alive, Tanjiro," Y/n said, their body folding on their own, hiding their crying face. They kept on crying, not knowing that someone is actually in the room with them, Shinobu. This is the first time Shinobu was able to see any emotions from the hashira other than being weird. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

It's been a week and Tanjiro has made a full recovery, and Inosuke went back to work. Tanjiro started training his body again and asked Naho if he got any sword from Haganezuka. Then Kiyo gave him the letters and he was shocked since the letters are filled with... 

"I have no sword for you!!"

"You can go to hell!" 

"Fuck you!" written four times. Also, "hate" was written three times. He was scared, shocked, and sad about Haganezuka not giving him any sword. 

"How about you head over to the village? I think you should meet him in person and talk things out!" Kiyo said as she ate some rice crackers, Tanjiro asked what village it is. "All the swordsmiths live there." Kiyo continued. 

Tanjiro was shocked and after a couple of minutes, he looked for Y/n, soon smelling the same intoxicating scent of Y/n. When he opened the door he saw the hashira talking to Shinobu, but the thing is... 

Y/n doesn't have their mask on! 

"Y/n-san! Your mask!" He shouted making the two hashiras look at him. "Y-you're talking to Shinobu-san without your mask!" He exclaimed looking around for Y/n's mask, he then heard the two hashira laughs making him confused. 

"Oh, young boy. It's fine, Kocho here has seen my face before, she also knows what I truly am." Y/n said as they patted the sit beside them. "Here, young boy. Why don't you sit and have some tea?" 

Tanjiro sat down and looked at Shinobu, seeing the woman smile at him. "Shinobu-san knows who you are?" Tanjiro asked and Y/n nodded. "But how? Isn't this a secret?" 

"Y/n-san and I have been communicating for a long time, Tanjiro-kun. They always help me with ingredients for my medicine and that's why I knew for quite a while already, I did just find out about their face recently, but I knew where they came from way long ago." Shinobu explained making Tanjiro nod, things making sense for him now. 

"Well, what brings you here, young boy?" Y/n asked looking at Tanjiro. 

"Haganezuka-san didn't give me a sword and Kiyo-chan told me that I could go to their village so I could talk to him," Tanjiro said and Y/n nodded. "I was just asking if you know where the village is," Tanjiro asked Y/n. 

"I do know where the village is, but I can't accompany you there. The village is hidden for a reason so the demons wouldn't go there. The kakushis are the ones who'll assist you there." Y/n said as they patted his head. "Don't worry I'll ask my kakushis to help you, okay?" 

Tanjiro nodded with a smile, he then left and started getting ready for his visit to the village. It seems like not only is he gonna get his new sword, he's gonna realize and see new things. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

This is a bit boring but that's because it's just them recovering. 

- Zeddxhi.