[26: Reasons and Goodbyes]

"Why did you become a hybrid?" 

Y/n sighed and started talking. "I wanted to become a hybrid, well, SOMEONE wanted me to become a hybrid," Y/n said, shocking Tamayo. "This person wanted me to be a hybrid so that I could defeat Muzan at some point," Y/n explained and sipped some tea. 

'Who could this person be?' Tamayo thought, looking for clues to see who it could be, but to no avail. "Is that the only reason of yours?" Tamayo asked and Y/n shook their head.

"When I was a demon, I could sense where Muzan is all the time. If he's taking a bath, sleeping, eating, or anything else that he's doing. I could sense all of it since I have a lot of his blood, it feels like I'm Muzan myself when I was a full demon." Y/n explained, slowly stirring their tea. "So, I thought that maybe if I still have his blood in me, then I could sense him. And I was right, I could still sense him. It's not as strong as before but it's strong enough to know where he is." 

"Being a hybrid makes me sense my brother, so if he's getting closer to me or the Demon Slayer Corps' I could immediately make moves," Y/n added. "Also, I would like to be stronger than him when the war comes," Y/n said and Tamayo nodded. 

"Is the war... that close?" Tamayo asked and Y/n nodded. "If you need any help, I would gladly help you, you know that, right?" Tamayo asked and Y/n chuckled, holding her hand. 

"Of course, Tamayo-san! I would love you to take your long-awaited revenge for my brother!" Y/n said enthusiastically, this made Tamayo chuckle. "I do think that a hashira could help you make some poisons as well." Tamayo looked at Y/n with a shocked face. 

"A hashira that makes poison? What do you mean?" 

"Our Insect hashira, her name is Shinobu Kocho. She's the most intelligent hashira out there and she uses poison to kill demons! Isn't that cool!?" Y/n said with such excitement that Tamayo is shocked about this. "Some people say that she's not strong since she can't cut off a demon's head, but for me, she's super strong! Imagine making poisons to kill a demon in such an agonizing way!" 

"You seem to be fond of her, are you?" The hashira nodded with a huge smile making Tamayo giggle. "Well, I sure hope I could work with her." Y/n nodded gleefully, then their face became serious which didn't go unnoticed. 

"Oh... now I remember that she hates... demons..." Y/n said, their hand covering their mouth while their eyebrows are furrowed. "She might... not cooperate that well..." This just made Tamayo chuckle and smile at Y/n. 

"She seems to be a hard client," Tamayo said making Y/n chuckle. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

The two demons just kept on talking and talking. They were catching up about how their life has been and knowing more about each other. Tamayo realized that Y/n adopted some extinct animals and bred them again to keep them in their mansion. "So you have some animals there?" The woman asked. 

"Yes! Most of them are extinct so I decided to make them have more offspring, so their animal species would live for a while!" Y/n said. "I did tell my kakushis that if I die, they should let those animals go. Except for the dangerous ones, those guys could just live in the mansion." 

Tamayo smiled, knowing that Y/n is somewhat into animals and would like to give them so much love. But what she didn't like is how the hashira is already planning for their death. 

"Y/n..." The said hashira looked at Tamayo with a small smile. "Are you... going to die at the war?" Tamayo asked, and the Hashira stiffened. 

"I guess so..." Y/n murmured making Tamayo sad. "Don't be sad Tamayo-san! I will die with my head held high and defeat Muzan before that! I won't regret drying!" 

"it's just that I want you to live... You're one of the people who... helped me get through this life of mine..." Tamayo said and Y/n held her hand. "Can you promise me that you won't die...?" 

"Tamayo-san... you know what can kill Muzan... It's the sun and if it can kill him then it can kill me too..." Y/n said and Tamayo nodded. "So, I can't promise you that I won't die... As long as I'm a demon, the sun will affect me... and you know why I need to be a demon till the end." Tamayo nodded again and wiped her tears. 

"Just don't die painfully, okay? You know I don't want that for you!" Y/n smiled and wiped Tamayo's tears. 

"Don't worry, I won't" 

Yushiro noticed Y/n wiping Tamayo's tears and noticed how the hashira seems to be holding Tamayo's face way longer than they should. A tick mark appeared on him and he stood up, pointing at the hashira. 

"Stop touching Tamayo-sama like that!!" Yushiro said as he is breathing like a bull making Y/n chuckle. "Get your filthy hands off of Tamayo-sama, you demon!" 

"Oh, come on, as if you're not a demon," Y/n said as they took their hands off Tamayo's face, then they stood up. "Well, it seems like I've prolonged my stay here, I'll leave now, Tamayo-san," Y/n said as they bowed at Tamayo. 

"Oh, no worries, Y/n. Be careful on your way home." Tamayo said as she stood up. "Yushiro, would you be okay to accompany Y/n out of the house?" Tamayo said and the boy grumbled but said yes. 

Y/n left Tamayo's home and went back to theirs hoping to see if Tanjiro is back from his trip. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

This is a bit shorter than usual and also very late than my actual schedule, but I hope you don't mind. 

- Zeddxhi.