41. The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Once Bella regained consciousness, she was able to register her surroundings. The blonde girl wasn't sure how she slipped in such senseless state, but that wasn't what she wanted to question right now.

She had her left hand locked on a table in a completely gray room. There was a tinted window on one side of the room, preventing her from getting further information on her location or how long it took her to wake up.

Bella groaned as she moved her arms, just to see bruises all over her wrist. And those were not the type that she would inflict on herself. The handcuff was placed agonizingly tight around her skin, each movement bringing her more pain than the previous one.

"I see you have woken up." a voice echoed in the room. She moved her eyes to the direction of the voice, seeing a man in a blue police uniform, his eyes hidden beneath black sunglasses.

"You have a particular ability in using your eyes then." Bella bit back in response with an added eye roll.

"How do you explain the fact your DNA was found on the first crime scene and the police found you exactly where Patrick was killed?" the man continued, making his way right in front of the table, looking down on her as if to show the superiority he had. What a grave mistake.

"I am not saying anything without a lawyer." Bella looked up to him with furrowed brows, contemplating killing him on the spot. But adding another kill to what they already think is 3 wasn't something she risked doing.

"Have something to hide, Winston?" the chief kept going, stepping on the very last nerve she was trying to protect.

"I am very aware of my rights, whatever-your-name-is." the girl responded with a whimper as the police man moved the table slightly, tugging on the bruised spot on her wrist.

"Your mom would be so disappointed. Seeing her girl turning into a killer must be a lot to take in for any parent. If only your dad was there for you while you were hurting yourself or running away from your house. But, I guess, even he couldn't bother caring for you.  Just a matter of time before your sister does the same." he sighed with his eyes showing fake worry. Bella's breath hitched, but she wasn't going to give him the amusement of crying or even looking remotely sad by his words.

"You will never be the boss here. Never be as good as Hopper." the blonde girl decided to play his cruel game, "The people already hate the entire police department."

"They won't, once I present them the killer they hate, in prison. Then I will show the bitch Powell who is the boss." he smiled. An evil, wicked smile, that Bella was determined to wipe out of his ugly face. "But tell me, why do you like Hopper so much? Was it because he would hide all your anger issues and cover for you when you beat up yet another poor girl?"

Bella opened her mouth to say something, before she heard ticking. Her blood became cold as she looked around, seeing nothing but the gray room she was currently in. The clock wasn't there, but it was like she could hear it ticking and chiming at the back of her head. And that's when she knew she had to go.

She closed her eyes, concentrating. Thinking about what she could possibly do to escape the situation, an idea popped up in her head.

"Aw, man." she sighed with fake sadness, using her mind to trigger the fire alarm. When it started beeping, she was barely able to hold back the smile on her face. "I really wanted to finish that conversation."

The man removed his glasses, looking her up and down suspiciously.

"I will be back quicker than you can say 'jail'." the man mumbled as Bella grinned. The moment he was outside, she used her powers to free herself from the handcuffs. She looked down at her bruised wrist, but had no time to even think about healing it.