Chapter 20: Matching scars

Luna's POV-

i rushed back to the makeup room and dragged Amber to the bathroom with me so i could explain the whole thing to them.

"that is fucking crazy!" they said.

"what the fuck do i do?" i asked, running my hands through my hair and pulling at the strands caught between my fingers.

"nothing." Amber replied. "there's nothing left for you to do."

"oh." i whispered.

they hugged me and kissed my forehead, "there's no point in trying to get something if there isn't anything left for you to get."

i cried in Amber's arms before we finished up our shift and drove home. we took a shower and decided to order deliveroo.

"you craving what i'm craving?" Amber asked.

"chinese?" i suggested.

"nah bro! KFC!" they yelled.

we ended up arguing over what to get and eventually just got KFC. we watched some more of skins before the doorbell rang.

"that was fucking quick." Amber said.

"i'll get it!" i told them

i went to the front door and opened it to see a familiar face.

"Billie?" i said, in a confused tone.

"Luna! you don't know what kinda shit i went through to get here!" she slurred.

"are you drunk again?" i asked.

"drunk? me? pfft! nah!" Billie pushed in and made her way to the couch. "Amber!"

"Billie?" they said. "the fuck are you doing here?"

she hugged Amber and smiled, "so you dating now?"

"what!" Amber laughed.

"oh! my bad, congratulations on your marriage." Billie said and sat on the couch.

"Billie. Billie!" i yelled at her so she could make eye contact. "you can't be here right now."

"just five more minutes, mum!" she said and snuggled onto the couch.

"what the fuck?" Amber replied.

"Billie get up." i pushed her. "Billie! get up!"

i pulled her off of the couch- sending her body to thud onto the hard wooden floor.

"ouch." Amber laughed.

"help me here." i said as they grabbed Billie by the legs and pulled her up onto the couch.

we sat her down on the couch and i slapped her a few times.

"wake up!" i told her over and over again but her eyes kept rolling to the back of her head.

"i don't think she drank enough to keep her awake. she had too much." Amber suggested.

"well she's not sleeping here tonight." i said. "so we gotta wake her up."

we tried everything- from shouting to banging pots and pans to playing heavy metal at full volume on my headphones.

"fuck!" i yelled. "i'm giving up."

"so you're letting her sleep here?" Amber said.

"fuck this." i said and dragged Billie's body out of the house.

Amber didn't help. i didn't want them to.

"oh shit! hey." i greeted our delivery person and smiled.

he looked at me in utter confusion.