Chapter 40: Circumstances

Billie's POV-

"just a little more baby, that's it!" i said.

Luna pushed once more and squeezed tightly onto me.

"there we go." the nurse said, smiling, as the baby she held in her hands cried.

i let go of Luna's hand and looked at the baby in delight.

"it's a boy." the midwife said.

i smiled and looked at Luna appreciatively before she began having contractions again. she began yelling in pain as she did before.

"i think they're twins." the midwife claimed.

they hurried back to her entrance, i held her hand as she squeezed just like before. the second baby took time to come out. i wasn't even thinking or processing what was happening. i was just acting out as best as i could in the moment.

i glanced at the door to my parents and Jen. they looked just as shocked as i was, only you could see it on their faces.

"come on! one last push!" the nurse encouraged her.

before we knew it, the second baby was out, crying just like the other did.

"it's a girl." the midwife said, holding out daughter in her hands.

she placed her in my hands as i glanced at her admiringly. her features where mainly comprised of my own. i held her up to Luna, who took her into her arms and held her with upmost grace.

"she's so beautiful." she cried, panting.

the nurse cleaned both of them up and Luna got comfy in her bed before we held the babies properly. mom, dad and Jennifer had managed to come in and meet them.

"twins." Luna smiled. "exactly what the both of us wanted. a girl and a boy."

"they're both beautiful." mom said, smiling.

"congratulations, Billie and Luna." dad said.

i held our beautiful baby boy in my arms, mom and dad sat next to me while Jennifer sat on the right side of Luna.

"do you know what their names are yet?" JJ asked.

"Delilah." Luna said, kissing her on the forehead.

"Delilah and Romeo." i replied.

"can i hold little baby Romeo?" mom asked.

"sure." i said, handing him over to her, she cradled him in her arms and talked sweet to him.

i rested my head on Luna's shoulder and kissed her on the cheek cherishingly.

"Delilah." i called to her, her eyes hadn't opened just yet.

i kissed her once before she opened her eyes.

"aww are you looking at your mommy?" Luna said. "that's your mommy."

"hello baby. do you know who i am? yes you do. yes you do, you smart girl." i kissed her.