Chapter 24: Broken bones

Luna's POV-

we watched the birds fly across the sky, sitting down on our backs and holding hands. it wasn't long before Billie turned to face me and so did i.

it was like she was staring at every detail of my face, memorising every perfect flaw, kissing me slowly in her mind but she couldn't bring herself to.

she was too lost in her mind to. Billie smirked, dragging her eyes from mine to my lips become closing them and shifting herself closer.

"i wanna nap." she rasped.

"now? on the grass?" i asked.

"yes." she replied shortly.

"alright then." i pushed myself closer towards her, feeling her arms adjust around my waist, dragging me in closer before there was no gap between us.

i closed my eyes too, Billie had buried her face in the crook of my neck, almost using my chest as a pillow. i focused on the peaceful silence which stood between us, feeling my every sense sink in.

i woke up to darkness, the starry night sky concealed the grey wisps of clouds above. the moon sat calmly in her grace, watching down upon two lovers, dreaming of each other in their fantastical slumber.

i didn't know wether to wake Billie or just hold her until she did herself. i searched through my pockets to find my phone and checked the time. it was six o'clock!

fuck.

"Billie. Billie. Billie, baby." i shook her shoulder gently. "it's six."

"what the fuck?" she asked. "how?"

"i don't know. we have to go." i told her.

Billie hadn't opened her eyes fully, yet, she was standing up. i held her hand tightly and directed her to her car.

i decided to drive back home while BOLLIE slept peacefully. in her grace, i admired her strong features, imagining what our baby would have looked like.

thats when i began bursting into tears, i continued to drive but eventually gave up when my eyes had gotten too blurry to see through.

i parked at a gas station, clutching the wheel as i buried my face into my arms. not long after, Billie woke up and tugged at my arm gently.

"baby? what's wrong?" she asked, pulling me into her arms.

i nuzzled my face into her chest and wrapped my arms around her.

crying, i spoke out, "i shouldn't have gotten that abortion."

"what? no, baby." Billie replied.

"am i a bad person?" i whispered.

"no? why would you think that?" she asked.

"i killed that innocent baby, i didn't even give them a chance." i sobbed.

"no, Luna. fuck. i wasn't there. you didn't have a choice. neither of us where ready. it wasn't your fault." Billie said, stroking my back in a rhythmic manner.