Chapter 37: The day

Billie's POV-

"alright, well i have a shift to cover tomorrow and i don't think i get off until 8." she explained. "i'm sorry baby, i don't think we can go tomorrow."

"that's fine angel, don't worry about it. we can go another day." i said.

"yeah." she yawned. "i'm tired."

"is Amber home?" i asked.

"yeah she is, i think she already fell asleep though." Luna replied.

"i wanna sleep with you, as nice as my bedroom is i kinda miss it. i don't know why." i said.

"hmm yeah." she closed her eyes and got comfy.

"you wanna come to mine tomorrow baby?" i asked.

"hmm." she nodded.

"i'll pick you up." i replied, kissing her through the screen, i turned my lights off and closed my eyes.

Luna's POV-

it's the big day. it's been two months since Billie proposed and every single moment of my life has lived up to this. imagine that. imagine i stayed up with my mom that night so she didn't overdose. imagine she was alive and i never got drunk that day of the funeral.

imagine i never met Billie.

every second, every minute of it has led up to this. if Jen didn't leave, if my family didn't collapse, if my father stayed and we where a happy family- well as happy as we could get. Jen was putting on my makeup at home, i couldn't help but overthink it all.

"i'm so excited for you, i can't even! i'm offended you didn't choose me to be the DJ!" she scoffed.

"well, you where gonna prepare the speech and anyways, we don't need a DJ we got the violinists to do that for us." i replied.

"true. it'll probably be way more romantic that way." she said. "gosh this blush looks good on you! where'd you get it!"

"Sephora, of course." i said.

"obviously." she replied. "you alright hun? you seem a little out of it."

"yeah, i'm okay. maybe a little overwhelmed but i'm okay." i replied.

"what's the matter?" she said, stopping with the makeup brush in her hand.

"it's just, i don't know. it's scary. everything in my life has led up to this moment you know. if i didn't do a single small thing in the past, my life would've been completely different. i might not have even ever met Billie, or been happy." i explained.

"yeah, so that only means that you should be grateful it's led up to this. you cherish it more you know? i know everything that happened in the past wasn't exactly great but it is now, and it's led up to all this." JJ replied. "it only means that right now has a bigger value."

Billie's POV-

"all ready?" dad asked.

"yeah, i just need help with this tie! i can't fucking do it." i moaned, giving up after the 4000 tutorials i watched.