Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Shalini could not meet Aarohi and immediately return home after Rohini had urgently called her. She could not understand why her mother did so and when she met Rohini in the kitchen, she got scolded for her actions.

"Why did you leave the house without asking me? Dhairya has gone to fetch his parents from the station and they will be arriving soon." Rohini chided, concentrating on the veggies she had put on stove. "I need a helping hand for the preparations at home."

"Mumma, I really needed to meet Aaru today. She must be feeling sad because I couldn't visit her." Shalini complained, looking around the kitchen. "What do you need help with?"

"See, baby, you are not in Indore right now that you can meet Aaru any time you want. She has been strictly bound to stay at home by her grandfather and if ever her grandfather spots you and finds out who you are, he will insult you."

"Is it the only reason why I am forbidden to meet Aaru?"

"Yes. . .you can still be in contact with her over the phone. It won't be an issue." Rohini pressed her palm against Shalini's cheeks. "Now clean the utensils in the basin and then cut the salads."

After instructing her, Rohini moved out of the kitchen with a tray of coffee for both Shaurya and Jitendra. Shaurya stopped her near the corridor when he saw her and a smile appeared on their lips. After sharing a brief glance at each other, Shaurya proceeded to say, "I think you did a brilliant job by restricting her from meeting Aaru. When she was in Indore, she used to spend most of her leisure with Aaru but it cannot be continued here."

"Will you tell me the reason why you asked for this favour from me? I didn't want to upset her by stopping her to meet Aaru."

"See, Rohini, we both are aware Shai doesn't talk much with anyone except Aaru. Aaru, on the other hand is now guided by Rihu to join the dance academy and concentrate on her career. I spoke to Arjun a while ago and he conveyed the same to me. I want both the girls to concentrate on crafting their own future instead of wasting time as they were used to during their stay in the city."

"They are very young, Shaurya. How can we pressurize them to focus just on their career?" Rohini seemed worried. "I sense there is something else running in your mind."

"Few months hence, Shai will turn twenty and Aaru twenty-one." Shaurya reminded her. "Aaru has gotten her parents' back since childhood and a pre-decided career to focus upon, but our Shai hasn't. Shai has grown up without her father beside her and she hasn't even thought of a career to settle down with. Don't you think she needs to concentrate on her life instead of wasting time? If we don't restrict her, she'll keep visiting Aaru daily and spoil the productive time for both of them. We can allow them to meet only during the weekend."

"I know, Shaurya, but that's how Shai is. She longs for a companion every moment and I can't bear to see her like that. You were her only companion before you left for London and this has impacted her very deeply."

Shaurya nodded in affirmation. "Since I was the cause, I will also become the remedy. Now that I am going to be with Shai forever, I will help my daughter out of every trauma and be her companion for the rest of her life."

The door bell rang and Rohini threw Shaurya a glance before heading over to the gate quickly. "Dhairya must have arrived with them."

Throwing the door open, Rohini's eyes fell on both Vidya and Dheeraj, who were standing facing her. There was a heart-soothing smile on their lips and Rohini also reciprocated with a welcoming gesture. Vidya engulfed Rohini into a hug while Shaurya embraced Dheeraj. Both the women had tears in their eyes for the moment was too emotional for them. It was almost over ten years that they were meeting with one another and the beautiful old memories had begun flashing before their eyes.