Chapter 57 (Blockbuster)

***

It was not until evening when Prachi was on her way to the house of the Talwars in a bid to convince Ishaan for helping them with the case. She was disappointed with him whatsoever but compromising in carrying out the responsibility of her duty was also necessary.

The bungalow was silent and dark as usual, and devoid of any human movement. Prachi recalled her previous memories which she'd spent at the same place almost a year ago. She also remembered those labourers and the maids whom she had rescued from the shackles of Bhairav.

Guiding herself all along the pathway, she entered the abandoned looking bungalow standing lifelessly in the middle of the vast dry ground. Their house no more possessed life it seemed, even though there was some sort of melancholic beauty resembling the testament of time which had elapsed.

"Ishaan..." Prachi mumbled, standing in the middle of the dark hallway. "Are you at home?"

There was no answer. Everything began to feel so prominently peaceful around her that a shiver ran through her spine. In the next minute, she was suddenly consumed by the darkness which was quite out of her comprehension.

When she woke up or rather regained her consciousness, she was unaware of her whereabouts. Someone was sitting on the chair next to the bed where she was lying down, staring at her quite grimly. When she stirred on the mattress, he immediately sprang from the chair and engulfed her in his arms.

"You had fainted, Prachi, and I fetched you here. Hope that's not a problem for you." Ishaan spoke in a flat baritone. "Haven't you eaten anything?"

While a lamp flickered in the corner of the dark room, Prachi revolved her eyes to stare at the belongings which adorned Ishaan's room. There was a rack near the window containing stacks of gloves, punching bags and other gym equipments. To her left was a very old almirah and a half-length mirror on its door shone under the light of the lamp.

Prachi said nothing as their eyes met, feeling the warmth of his arms on her shoulders. Nobody spoke or breathed it seemed, engaging genuinely into the exchange of emotions through their eyes. Parting shortly from her with a soft-spoken permission, he went to fetch something for her to eat.

When Ishaan returned, he saw Prachi waiting near the corridor with her arms folded closer to her chest. He led her to the bed, and tore a piece of chapati for her. Offering the morsel too close to her mouth, he pleaded her with the movement of his eyes.

"You must never be angry with foods." He told her. "You can do whatever, throw those biting snarls at me or even shoot me, but please have your food."

Prachi opened her mouth, accepting his kind gesture for her. He fed her morsel after morsel, eyes on eyes and heart on heart. She was stuck in a dilemma she knew, and the only option she had was to melt in the comfort zone he provided for her.

As he fed her, their eyes locked and time seemed to stand still. The silence in their background became more prominent, unable to tear his gaze away from her. Ishaan's love for Prachi was true without the least kind of expectation. He felt a connection that transcended every other word except for the one that spoke of love.