Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It was the next morning when Rehaan woke up from sleep. Upon unlocking his cellphone, he couldn't find any of Prachi's text to him. Even though they both had indifferences in their relationship, he knew Prachi loved him like any other sister would; she would never miss out on at least wishing him a good night whenever they were away as she was also aware that he must be worried for her.

Drinking from the glass of water next to his bed, he sent a morning wish to Prachi's number. The message did not get delivered and he immediately dialled her number. It was switched off and a frown appeared on his forehead.

He draped his t-shirt over his body and stood upright, dialling Shaurya's number. "Hello, Shay, where is Pihu? I am unable to get her on phone call. Is she asleep yet?"

"What are you talking about? Hasn't she accompanied you?" Shaurya was perplexed. "I had a chat with her last evening and she told me that she is with you."

"I told you before coming here that I will be staying with uncle Arjun's family for a few days and you must look after Pihu till I return."

"She told me she is going to the garden and later she informed me that she has gone over to be with you and Aarohi."

"She fooled you or. . ." Rehaan felt scared all of a sudden. "Is she in any trouble?"

"You are scaring me now, Rihu."

"We will have to start searching for her. Her phone is also unreachable."

"I am going to lodge a complaint in the police station right now."

"Uncle, please go and inform me about the developments. I will meet you right at the police station in some time."

Rehaan moved out of the house quickly and met Abhimanyu at the doorway. He saw the old man's face carefully scanning his movements only to be stopped by him after he was done observing him.

"Where are you going in a hurry, young boy?"

"I have some important assignments to attend to."

"Have you forgotten that you have an important assignment with me and you are supposed to accompany me for the deal?"

"I have. . ." Rehaan tried to recall. His mind was so preoccupied with Prachi's missing report that he had nearly forgotten it. "Oops! It just slipped my mind."

"How are you going to deal with the work you have undertaken if you keep forgetting things like this?"

"I will manage, you mustn't worry."

"I don't have a second option otherwise I could have easily thrown you out of this deal today."

"You know you can't so why are you forcing yourself to?" Rehaan let out a hysterical laughter. "Can I meet you in an hour?"

"Where are you going now?" Abhimanyu asked, raising his eyebrow. "Our client must be waiting for us."

"I am on a higher pedestal than your client, Sir, if you know it." Rehaan told impatiently. "My task should be given an upper priority than yours."

"I don't even know what I should call you but see, young boy, you are not supposed to fool me after promising a deal."

"I will not at any cost." Rehaan promised again. "And you may call me Rihu. It is my nickname at home."

*****

Rehaan returned from the police station after lodging a complaint on Prachi's missing story. The thought he was not able to find Prachi anywhere as well as over the phone call already took Rehaan's breath away. With a melancholy heart, he picked Abhimanyu from the Rana house and departed for their next destination.