Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"You earned the service, Pihu," congratulated Vihaan as he held Prachi by her shoulders. "I'm now a proud father to my police daughter."

It was a bright new week altogether when the results of the examination were declared and Prachi was amongst the list of finally selected candidates. Everyone in the house exhibited mixed kind of emotions except for her father Vihaan, who was the happiest of all.

"Oh! I can't beli-eve." Prachi expressed her joy before turning gloomy again. "But, I'm sorry, papa, I won't be join-ing this."

"You've worked hard for it. Why won't you?" Vihaan was surprised immediately. "If it's all because of your mother or grandmother, you mustn't focus on them. You should trust the brave girl inside you."

"It has been alm-ost fifteen days since maa is out of home and away from all of us.  And I thi-nk I'm also guilty for it." Prachi drooled over her thoughts. "I should have also taken her permi-ssion before going forward with the exami-nation and the training."

"Let me tell you, Pihu, your mother is not angry or upset by your decision of choosing the police department as your career." Vihaan uttered the truth. "She is solely worried about our strategy regarding the Talwars."

Prachi dismissed Vihaan's words. "What-ever it is, I think I must wait for her consent. Or I'll have to drop the idea if any-thing otherwise happens."

"You must not drop the idea, Pihu." Dhairya hurried through the doorway of the farmhouse. "I may have not been able to do anything for you being the eldest brother, but it's time that you have my back, sis."

"Dhai bro, long time and no see. How are you? I am so ha-ppy to see you return home." She threw her arms around his shoulders and hugged him. "I want every-body to be with me, bhai. I need everyone's support, inclu-ding maa and Rihu's. Didn't they return along with you?"

Prachi stared into the distance behind Dhairya with a lot of hope, but there was no motion or sound of anything except for rustling of leaves near the doorway. Feeling unhappy, she skimmed her palm over her forehead.

"I tried my best but none of them are ready to return home." Dhairya expressed an apology. "Rihu is stuck to his persistent behavior but I have high hopes for aunt Sanchi. I'm sure she'll manage to make him agree."

"We all ha-ve tried to get him right on track but none of us could." Prachi told him. "I'm still happy that I gained your sup-port today."

Dhairya patted her cheek lightly before leaving for his room upstairs. He was also bothered for Shalini, who was missing in the drawing room where other family members were present.

He reached Shalini's room, tried locating her presence but failed again. Getting saddened by her absence, he stood by the corner of the balcony and scrolled through his mobile.

"Dhairya, my boy!" Shaurya's voice interrupted his thoughts. "I have been eagerly waiting for your return."

"I also missed everyone back at home, uncle." Dhairya embraced him. "Now I won't give any of you excuses for my absence. I'll stay together with my family hence onwards."

"I know the family needs you right now but you mustn't deviate from your focus towards your bright future." Shaurya gave him a piece of advice. "You are in the peak of your successful career."

"I know and I won't ignore it." Dhairya assured him. "Likewise, I will too help others find success in their careers, especially Pihu and. . . Shai."

Shaurya smiled brilliantly at this before smacking his arm. "You must not worry for Shai at all. She's already pursuing her career full-fledgedly."