Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Vihaan and company reached the outside of Talwar residency, following the signals of the mobile tracker which they used to trace Rehaan's last location. There was no one in their nearest sight as they assumed, increasing the negative impulse of palpitation for the family more than ever.

​"Rihu's phone was last visible here before the network suddenly disappeared. Do we have signals available in our cellphones?" Vihaan inquired before examining his phone. "My network has no issue, it seems. What happened to theirs suddenly?"

​"I don't know, Sir." Arjun shook his head. "My network is strong too."

​"Is there something which we can't decipher?" Dheeraj asked them. "Both Aarohi and Rehaan's phones having no signals can't be just a coincidence."

​Arjun received a call from Aarohi when his phone rang all of a sudden, putting it on speaker. "Where are you, Aaru? Why was your phone unreachable?"

​"Papa, there's a huge trouble and I don't have time to explain." Aarohi's voice on the other end was pensive. "Prachi and Rehaan have been kidnapped by Ishu's father. Please reach his Ratna academy now. We are also heading to that place and we need your help."

​"Please don't be scared, Aaru. We'll reach there in minutes." Arjun assured her with some hopes of certainty. "Don't indulge in anything that is weird until we reach, my dear."

​When the call disconnected, a wail of cries erupted from Sanchi and Vidya, while Vihaan's eyes were glowering with rage. A rapid wave of concussion seemed to have affected him. Wrapping his arms around Sanchi, he pleaded her to be strong at times of disaster. Others joined them in a pledge to see an end of every bitter enmity affecting their families since time immemorial.

*****

"In all probability, they have been held captive here." Aarohi pointed at the concrete structure before her. "Ishu's academy has been shut for the winter session and this worked as a great opportunity for uncle Bhairav."

​The building of the Ratna scouts academy was not greatly built; as seen from a distance. Every floor of the central block consisted of four rooms at a stretch, whereas the building on the west block was kind of a community hall for meetings. In front of the buildings was an open outstretch of the green field, where various practice sessions were conducted by Ishaan and a couple of other trainers hired by outsourcing of employee services.

​"Out of so many rooms, how do we find out where they are?" Abhimanyu said while Ishaan nodded his head. "We don't have enough time."

​"Bauji possesses most of the duplicate keys of the rooms with him. After all, he is the one who handed over the academy to me." Ishaan mentioned straightaway. "But I think we can eliminate some of them and reach the right door."

​"How can that be, Ishu.?" Aarohi asked him. "I am getting tensed now."

​"There were some instances of trainees escaping from the academy due to the hectic nature of the training. In the process, they had even duplicated some keys to help one another. A few days earlier, I replaced some of the old locks with the new ones, and the remaining ones are yet to arrive from the supplier."

​"Which rooms can we go searching for then?" Karishma asked him. "I can't hold my patience anymore. I will have to confront my son before he commits another dirty crime."

​"No grandma, neither you nor Manu grandpa will go searching with us. We can't ignore your old age and push you into another trouble." Ishaan negated sternly. "I fetched you here just because I know it's only you who can hinder bauji successfully. Please stay here with Manu grandpa and wait till we return."