Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Aarohi was combing her hair after dinner while Shalini was busy doodling in an art book. Prachi had gone missing since evening and neither of the girls bore any idea of her whereabouts at all. Somewhere deep in their minds, they were missing Prachi but as great friends, they also tried to extend their support towards Prachi's career and not bother her for spending more time with them.

"I heard Vihaan uncle saying that he sent Pihu away for music tutorial classes and will pick her up after dinner." Shalini murmured, still concentrating in her art. "I thought we will have some fun time together, but see, Pihu has been too busy these days. Doesn't she seem to be awkwardly behaving recently?"

"I don't think so. She is a career-oriented girl who has considered her lyrical dreams seriously," Aarohi said, smiling with a hint of assurance. "So what have you thought about your future as an art teacher? How will you arrange for pupils who may be interested to learn from you?"

"That's what I'm bothered for, Aaru. Neither you nor I have been able to arrange for any art schools or students as such." Shalini expressed her disappointment. "I will discuss with my parents regarding it tomorrow."

"That should be a better decision on your part." Aarohi agreed to her point, and glanced into her phone when it beeped with an incoming message. It was from someone she had least anticipated, and she took some moments to acknowledge it.

*You don't make someone smile just because you want to see them happy; It's because their smile makes your everyday valuable!*

Aarohi smiled heartily while staring at the message and rereading it once again. A short message from a loved one often made one feel special. Seeing her cheeks flushing, Shalini patted Aarohi's shoulder and enquired, "Is everything fine with you? Aren't you feeling sleepy? Why are you smiling and blushing like a fool?"

"You won't believe me, Shai." Aarohi exclaimed excitedly. "Rehaan has just sent me a text— a very heart melting message! I never expected such things from him at all. I hope he hasn't just circulated a common message but sent it to me specifically and. . ."

"Please relax, Aaru. You are overly excited right now," Shalini said, waving her hand. "I always knew it that my cousin is very much into you. He has only been hiding his feelings for you so far."

"I hope he musters courage to accept it before me as soon as possible." Aarohi danced with joy. "I want him to share his words of endearment to me without any delay."

"I don't see that auspicious day far anymore." Shalini raised an eyebrow. "The distance between you and him will surely help in accelerating his attachment towards you. Long distance sometimes really can work wonders!"

"Like yours and Dhai bro's, am I right?" Aarohi's words died down as soon as she saw Shalini's jovial expression changing rapidly into a gloomy one. "Oh, I am very sorry, Shai. I didn't mean to hurt you. I blurted it out in a stance and. . ."

"It's not your fault, Aaru." Shalini assured her that she was alright. "It was written in my destiny to get separated from someone I love."

Aarohi seemed to be experiencing lack of words of consolation for Shalini. Without furthering their conversation, she tended to respond to Rehaan's message with an emoji. Within a couple of minutes, there was another message from Rehaan again and Aarohi smiled like a fool.

*Do you think the first symptoms of love is all about falling for someone's beautiful smile?*

This was exactly what Rehaan had texted her, leaving another wide-mouthed smile on her face. She replied in a 'yes' before receiving another text from him.