Chapter 61

Chapter 61

"Do you have any idea what all Pihu must have sacrificed only because you hold more importance to her than anybody else in the whole world?" An infuriated Aarohi pointed her finger at a confused Rehaan, who was staring at her blankly. "She gave up on the love of her life just because her trust on you was greater than him."

"And what does your statement mean?" Rehaan could not help but listen to her accusations patiently. "What has she done?"

"She put every blame on Ishaan with a misconception that her own brother is innocent in everything." Aarohi blurted out. "And today she stands in a place where she might have lost him forever."

While Rehaan adjusted his head on the backrest of the chair, Aarohi felt bad for having screamed her heart out at an ailing individual. Yet, it was Rehaan himself who had it coming.

"By your words, can I decipher that my sister has been in love with Ishaan, a story which I am not at all aware of?"

"This story must not bring you to the conclusion that she hid it from you and committed a grave sin AGAIN !" Aarohi warned him. "My cousin Ishu chose to bear every blame himself without worrying for the consequences. He couldn't just damage your image before Pihu and mar the sacred relationship of a brother and a sister. I can't bear to see Pihu and Ishu's relationship getting spoilt just because of you and your ego. You are the reason behind the spoiling of every other relationship, be it Shai's case or Pihu's, including. . . OURS."

"Our relationship. . . I mean whatever little you and me had between us has already been spoilt, partly due to my foolishness and other due to your own priorities." Rehaan breathed softly as he remembered the day when he had met Aarohi at her friend's place. "Before I could see ourselves in a new light, you already went ahead with someone else."

"I didn't get you." She deadpanned. "Are you trying to frame me in a new story with someone or what else I am not even aware of?"

"I will forever be grateful to you for the efforts you made in the duration of my surgery period, and anybody could have done this act out of humanity." His apathetically stern voice was sure to wreck her inwardly. "Since you decided to move on with the guy you've presently shifted together, you could have told me earlier. You mustn't have run away from my place just the morning after without any valid clarification."

"You thought Gaurav and I could. . ." Aarohi frowned at first for the confusion created by Rehaan's words was difficult to be decoded by her. Angered by his good-old unchangeable attitude, she rushed to the door as beads of tears began to accumulate in her eyes. "Weren't you the one who had asked me to stay with your family few hours before your operation? I thought the surgery might bring certain changes in you. I wish I hadn't raised my expectations."

Rehaan could not meet her eyes this time. Unlike other days, this time he was well aware of what and why he was doing. He could feel his heart stinging from the detailed validation of all their sacrifices. Aarohi was the only one who could selflessly knock some bits of sense into him always, without expecting anything in return.

As Aarohi left the room in a very bad mood, Dhairya saw her across the corridor while he was on his way to Rehaan's room. Aarohi did not notice Dhairya's arrival but the latter did; and her facial expressions rang the warning bell in his mind. When he noticed Rehaan sitting across his desk thoughtfully, he could not help but stare at him in despair.

Throwing his palm over his shoulder, Dhairya gave him a light pat. "What's with Aaru? What did you tell her that she left your room crying?"

Rehaan squared his shoulders before crossing his arms across his chest. "I have not done anything that she has to cry."