Chapter 31

Chapter 31

“It's alre-ady over three hours at a stre-tch, papa, that you have been try-ing to make me a perfect-ionist,” Prachi complained in her sing-song voice. “Some-where between getting trai-ned and taking revenge, I think I will get exha-usted. It’s a very strenuous exer-cise but I am overwhelmed by the fact that maa hasn’t been here to enqu-ire of us again.”

Vihaan shifted Arjun’s rifle to his left hand and concentrated on focusing at the target for one more time. “I am least bothered about getting caught by your mother right now. Getting to hold a gun after so many years feels like home to me, Pihu. I’m enjoying teaching you all the skills.”

“I wish you were still in the profe-ssion, papa, then you wouldn’t ha-ve to borrow uncle Arjun’s rifle,” Prachi said sadly. “When I enter the police ser-vice, I promise I will let you prac-tise with my rifle as often as you may want.”

“That’s so sweet of you, but remember it isn’t easy to qualify for the police services if you don’t work hard.” He warned her. “Better that you just concentrate now. After getting you thorough with the skills, I will devote my entire time to your theoretical preparations. Do you hear me?”

Prachi shrugged her shoulders aptly and joked, “Yes Sir, Prayag Avasthi is at your obe-dient service, Sir and he is very seriously consi-dering everything. Tell me more about shoo-ting and killing and the tactics invol-ved. . .”

“What do you want to shoot or kill, Pihu?” Shaurya was right behind Vihaan. “And why are you addressing yourself as Prayag Avasthi? I mean why do you need to borrow Rohini’s father’s surname all of a sudden? I am sure that the daughter-father duo are cooking something behind our backs.”

“We will tell you what we are cooking together but make sure that you don’t pass on the recipe to your beloved sister.” Vihaan caught Shaurya by the hem of his shirt. “Your sister will always oppose me and you very well know it.”

“I will not let a word out to Vay if the cause is valid enough to be prioritized by me.” Shaurya winked at him. “Come on Vihaan, I am just kidding. I know it is something very important which is also supported by Pihu.”

“You’ll have to promise me that you will also support me in this just like Pihu.”

“You have been my best friend, bro. As much as we tease each other, we end up supporting and trusting each other at the end of the day.”

“Right. . .” Vihaan took hold of Shaurya’s arm and narrated to him everything about his fight for justice. “Do you feel we are wrong here? I have taken care of doing things legally, and in the process, my daughter will have also built a steady career for herself.”

“Your plans are so power-packed, Vihaan.” Shaurya rested his palm on his shoulder before wrapping his fingers around Prachi’s wrist. “You both have my entire support in this. In fact, I also want to join you in the mission and participate secretly like a staunch revolutionist.”

“So we now have three revolu-tionists in our team, papa.” Prachi jumped with joy. “The more the number of suppo-rters in our team, the greater will be our unity towards fulfi-lling our mission!”

*****

When morning sunlight filtered through the window pane, Prachi rose from her bed and looked straight out of the window. It was a bright new day for her which was supposed to mark the commencement of her journey towards her fight for justice.

Rubbing her eyes, she muttered a soft prayer before glancing over to Aarohi who was fast asleep next to her. With a diligent smile, she moved out of the bed and reached for her cupboard. Skimming through her clothes, she found the corset and a pair of male clothes that would make a perfect pair towards her attire of disguise. She clicked her tongue and began chuckling as she undressed herself.