Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Sometimes all you need is a second chance because time wasn’t ready for the first one,’ thought Rehaan, over and over again. A storm raged outside, matching the turmoil battering his heart. He always yearned for love from a close companion at times of distress. When he found one, he lost her too soon.

Nevertheless, Rehaan was keen to sort everything between him and Aarohi. Only pleading for forgiveness would not be enough he knew. Amongst all the chaos, he had found Dhairya, Prachi and his parents to assist him in the road that led towards earning Aarohi’s forgiveness.

“Brother.” Rehaan called out when he saw Dhairya standing at his door. “Did you meet Aarohi? What did she say?”

“She simply refused to even see your face as expected.” Dhairya shook his head in negation. “All I think you should go all by yourself and meet her.”

“I don’t have the courage.” Rehaan palpitated in his seat. “She will only stop after she has slithered my neck with a knife, I know.”

“Stop with your nonsense.” Dhairya was now losing his cool. “Here I am trying to help you make some progress but you do not seem to pay heed to the seriousness of the situation.”

“The situation wouldn’t get more serious than this.” Rehaan passed a smile. “At least she won’t insist upon getting married to someone else like she did last time. And by the time she decides to move on, I will have thought of a way.”

“You know one thing, Reh, Aaru will not move on at all.” Dhairya expressed his core assumptions. “Her feelings for you has taken all her childhood and period of adolescence to grow and mature. It won’t be that easy for her to set it aside to go on with someone else.”

Somewhere deep down in his heart, Rehaan felt proud of himself. After every dark lining in his life so far, there was a ray of hope in the form of the love of Aarohi for him. He was satisfied with the firm belief that he was being loved truly by someone who existed on this Earth alongside.

“Uncle Vihaan came up to me and discussed upon a few things yesterday.” Dhairya broke Rehaan’s reverie. “Listening to elders is much more essential for complicated cases such as this.”

“Dad has brilliant ideas up his sleeve.” Rehaan told him. “He is the reason why I feel so confident today. Without my parents and Pihu, I always felt at sea.”

“So you must get ready for helping me out with the rest.” Dhairya instructed him. “Have you been able to contact Ishaan?”

Rehaan stared down in his mobile and with a nod so painful, he stated, “No. . . Ishaan has really left me under debts. I wish I could have done something for Pihu if not only for repaying all the debts that I owe to him.”

“All your debts will be repaid if you are able to unite Pihu with Ishaan. Why don’t you make progress on that?”

Dhairya said and left the room. Rehaan checked on his phone again and still found Ishaan’s number to be switched off. Soon after, he grabbed his backpack to proceed for a never-ending journey. On his way, he met Sanchi at the corridor and took her blessings, promising her that he would only return after fulfilling what he desired for.

In a few hours, Rehaan was into the streets of Omkareshwar, and arriving at the house of the Talwars thereafter. The gate was latched as usual, guarded by two men. He glided his eyes over both before preparing himself to converse with them.