Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Bhairav's voice cracked upon sensing the presence of dangerous vibes in Vihaan's words of challenge aimed at him. Realisation had already hit him though he tried to compose his fury of temper. He wouldn't have ever imagined in his lifetime that all his inflictions to destroy the Bundela family neither fetched any outcome nor acquired any form of rewards for his greed of money. In return, his own mapped-out plan was thrown at stake.

Striding over to the side of the terrace, Bhairav proclaimed to one of his men for fetching him a couple of game props. Inviting Vihaan to a sport of bamboo batons, he made sure to hold Vihaan at his arm's length. With the kind of desi martial arts weapon, he was determined of clinching victory against his strongest opponent and overthrowing Vihaan for the eternity.

"Oh come on, beat me in the game of sticks and I'll be obliged to be your slave forever." Hurling a bamboo stick towards Vihaan, Bhairav squinted his eyes in a wicked miff. "I'm waiting, now hurry up."

Vihaan had timed himself perfectly for grabbing hold of the tangible brown cane, and with a grit of his teeth, he performed the necessity. Accepting the challenge in reverse, he stepped his foot ahead and mustered a position in the centre of the terrace. "What is it supposed to mean if I overthrow you in your own game?"

"Vih, you did ne-ver play a game of bat-ons, did you?" Truly speaking, Sanchi was horrified. It was the first time she spoke after having reached the scouts academy with her family members. Witnessing their twins after a decade had surely thrown her into a world of enthrallment, choking her voice in the inside of her throat for some temporary passage of time. "It's all about eit-her you self-defend faster th-an your oppo-nent or you train your-self to attack your oppo-nent quicker than their ne-xt strike."

"As far as I am aware of, he's never held a baton all his life." Dheeraj murmured next to Sanchi, making sure Bhairav didn't hear them. "But I do trust my brother. Let him focus on what he's doing, and if he can't, we are there together in this. We'll capture Bhairav anyhow after his devious stunts."

Vihaan steadied himself up, his eyes not looking elsewhere but the cane in Bhairav's hand. There was a glint of retaliation and the hunger for victory visible in his fiery eyes. Sanchi's words of caution were dragged down his shoulders as a petty notification and was vanished into thin air.

Prachi was standing very close to Rehaan, her fingers interlaced with her brother and her lips mumbling a short prayer for her father. Tears were already glistening in her eyes after years of growing up away from her parents. She was rooting for her father's victory with the innermost soul of hers, ignoring her mother's warnings of Vihaan not being a veteran at the game.

On the other hand, Rehaan had his grip tightened on to his sister's hand as if she were a delicate being who would fly away if he'd loosened his hold on her. His face showed neither any mark of expression nor any display of emotion, though his mind was already wandering into the depths of authenticity. Somewhere in the deepest corner of his heart, he was also going through the same level of tempest as Prachi's without letting the world know about it.

"Pihu, can you please tell him to stop? This isn't a thing he may have performed in the duration of his police service. Secondly, he has been out of every practice of defence since his departure from his duty, from Omkareshwar, from u-us—" Rehaan let his words loose hanging in a sudden trance, pinning his lips into a thin line. Prachi missed hearing the sound of his teeth grinding inside his mouth as she was busy concentrating at the scene ahead of them. "Violence is not something I wanted. Shit!"

A tumultuous planning and plotting was already running inside Vihaan's enormous brain as Bhairav made his first attempt of attacking Vihaan. With his left knee forward, he managed to seamlessly push Bhairav a step behind and letting their canes crash against each other without any result.