Chapter 39

'Though Promises Are Meant To Be Broken, If Given In Love Becomes A Souvenir For Eternity!'

Chapter 39

Rehaan lied down on his bed, holding the third book of STOLEN series— 'STOLEN PROMISE' in his hand and reading between the lines with more concentration. He had never been the kind of reading freak of any sort; what surprises him the most is when he wonders why he had so suddenly turned addictive towards reading books, whatsoever!

Somewhere in the corner of his heart, he bothered for his cousin Dhairya and the latter's ardent love for Shalini that brought in him a vigorous habit of reading stories like never before. On the other hand, another secretive emotion had also begun to brew within him which was quite related to the presence of Aarohi in his life.

He wasn't worried about pleasing or impressing Aarohi by sending quotes from Dhairya's books, what really mattered to him was the manner how she always reacted to his fancy messages and he loved it to the core of his heart.

Rehaan was feeling guilty for his bothersome behavior with Aarohi earlier that day and unlike his original conduct, the row of heated exchange of words with Prachi made him way too emotional.

"I may not be worth anyone's companion in life." Rehaan murmured as his eyes froze on the first line of the first chapter. 'Though Promises Are Meant To Be Broken, If Given In Love Becomes A Souvenir For Eternity.'

He read the sentence aloud for another time before typing the same into Aarohi's inbox. After he had written it, he tapped the send button and felt flutter of few butterflies in his stomach.

There was no response from the other side for quite some time and he felt annoyed. Breathing in and breathing out for numerous times to calm the impatience impacting him, he delved back into the story again.

As he finished reading through the first few chapters quickly, he pondered, inclining his head against the pillow. "So Dhai bro had given an unbreakable promise to Shai as a child to always take good care of her and never leave her side in the absence of her father. Their love story has everything one needs in life."

He checked on his mobile again, preparing himself for Aarohi's reply but disappointing himself the next second. She hadn't cared to answer him over the past one hour and he began to feel ill-at-ease. "If she doesn't want to reply, it's her choice. Why am I feeling so weirdly impatient? I hate incoming of such brutal emotions!"

Suddenly his phone rang and he answered it instantly, without even caring to look into the screen. "What's wrong with you, Aarohi, why aren't you replying?"

"Hey, bro, instead you should answer me — what's wrong with you?" Dhairya gasped from the other side. "Do I realize that you have become impatient by waiting for a text from Aaru? Is there anything you've been hiding from me?"

"Eh bro. . . sorry. . ." Rehaan bit his lip and ran his fingers through his hair before denying, "No, things are not like you think. I was only. . . I mean Pihu and Aaru were here today so I was enquiring whether they returned to Omkareshwar safely."

"So why do you have to send texts to Aaru instead of an easy phone call? And most surprisingly, what stopped you from calling Pihu directly?"

"Why don't you join an enquiry commission, bro?"

"I wish I could." Dhairya chuckled before adding, "I called you to inform that my promotional shoot got rescheduled for the day after tomorrow so I'll not return to Indore for the next couple of days. Will you be able to manage by yourself?"

"Obviously bro, I'm looking after every construction work minutely. You need not worry."

With that the call disconnected and Rehaan got back to reading the unfinished story. Within couple of minutes, his phone vibrated again with an incoming message and his eyes shone brilliantly before fading away for it was only a promotional message from the sim operator.