Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Feeling very dejected, Rehaan stayed in his own room without meeting with anyone that night. He was upset due to Aarohi's silence and whenever he tried calling her, it was not reachable. He'd also sent her a couple of texts which were undelivered too.

He shuffled the old newspapers in the rack of his room out of impatience, tapped on the switch of the table lamp for a hundredth time, and still his mind was not at peace. He also took to scrolling through the news feed of his mobile to set his mood but he failed. It was very difficult to imagine why he was growing reckless and impatient in his behavior lately.

When he heard a knock on his door, he put his phone away and answered, "Come in, please."

"What's this, Rihu? Why haven't you sle-pt as yet?" Prachi was now standing in the middle of the room. "I was passing by the corri-dor and found the lights to your room glow-ing as bright as daylight."

"Why are you awake still and what were you doing in the corridor?" Rehaan was quick enough to counteract. "I have the same set of questions for you."

"Oh bro, I'm in the habit of prac-tising defense skills and a little music during the late hours of the even-ing these days. I will receive my joining any day."

"I hope you are not upset with any of us, mom or I."

"No, in fact I'm very happy to have both of you roo-ting for my victory."

"You are a very brave girl," Rehaan said, gesturing her to sit next to him. "How can we refrain from supporting you?"

"Thank you so much!" Prachi took his hand in hers and sat down on the bed. "But I'm a little disapp-ointed with you. Why didn't you narrate the entire incident to our family? I know I was coura-geous enough to take the bold step of escaping from the custody but we mustn't forget that I was strongly assisted by Ish-aan. Why didn't you tell everyone how Ishaan hel-ped me that night and was also honest enough to escort me home?"

"Because I don't find any honesty in him for helping you. He definitely had certain hidden motives behind his portrayal of goodness and kindness."

"Why can't you for once accept that Ish-aan isn't a bad kind of an individual as you consi-der of him?"

"I will never trust the Talwars or Ishaan ever!"

"He preserved the first prize for you from the Shimla cam-ping for over a decade, Rihu. He could have easily upgraded him-self to the first spot and clinched his award, but he didn't. He already had a change of his heart for us years ago, why don't you under-stand?"

"Because the awards weren't going to reward anyone with any extra valuables or prize money."

"You are dumb!" She spat angrily. "How can you even for-get that he was the one to reach us first and rescue us when we were kidna-pped?"

"Even Aarohi was there with him and it's also true that she was the only one who compelled him to save us. In order to revive his relationship with his cousin sister, he agreed to her."

"I know but—" Prachi did not want to argue any further. "I know it will be very difficult to get my family to agree to the relationship I have with Ishaan. I don't know about the rest but I might lose my brother in the future if I go ahead with this. I don't know what to do!"

When Prachi did not answer, Rehaan observed her. "Have you come here to ask about my well-being or to advocate on Ishaan's behalf? Are you still on talking terms with that rogue guy, Pihu?"

Prachi could feel her forehead sweating out of palpitation and her ears began to heat up. She shook her head vaguely and tried to hide her embarrassing face. "Rihu, you don't look better right now. Is any-thing wrong with you? Can I help you?"