Chapter 49

Chapter 49

"How was your first day at the office, Pihu?" Rehaan sat gossiping in their living room with his sister. "I didn't miss your interview and the way you were in praise for your so-called trainer!"

"Kindly clarify whe-ther your focus is really on your sister's first day at duty or on my trainer's eff-orts in tutoring me?"

Rehaan snorted his nose again, unable to decipher what exactly he was focused on. He tilted his head to stare into the lampshade kept beside him on the corner table and spoke no further.

Prachi tried not to get irked by his behaviour and shifted a little closer to him than he already was. Resting her palm on top of his wrist, she said calmly, "Are you bothered by some-thing, bro? I have been noticing your inattentive and depressed beha-viour for the past few days."

"Life is not that easy as we think." Rehaan sighed temporarily. "I don't know where my present and future will lead me to."

"Oh, bro!" Prachi cupped his face and gazed into his reddened eyes. "Are you seriously sobbing?"

Before Prachi could utter more, Rehaan threw his arms around her shoulders and began to cry to his heart's content. "I wasn't crying until you pointed it out, Pihu!"

He was still rebuking Prachi between his torn voice, and she raked his back. "Is this pain for some-one you love? For Aaru?"

"I don't know whether I love her but I know I have hurt her a lot since we'd met. She doesn't deserve me." He clarified to her. "But my pain is right now all about my uncertain career and insecure future."

Prachi parted from him and urged him to look into her eyes. "Rihu, you were in Indore pur-suing your higher studies in business administration, weren't you? You were looking towards doing some busi-ness. What happened to all those efforts?"

"I am still continuing with my courses but starting a business is definitely not that easy unless you gain some good investment and inputs. I can't put my family's entire fortunes at stake without any certainty of my startup plans."

"Why don't you dis-cuss with Shay uncle? He's also into business."

"Do you think I didn't speak to him?" He mentioned quietly. "He is also not very positive about a new startup without any good amount of personal savings. He has advised me to join him in his business and gain some experiences before heading further."

"It's also not a bad idea," Prachi said, frowning. "Then why are you still confused?"

"Because I want to have something built out of my own efforts like everyone else does." Rehaan jumped out of his seat. "I will myself find a proper way out."

Prachi could not stop him as he was quick enough to escape the living room. She made her way to her own bedroom, getting bothered for her brother's dismay. It was at that instant her phone rang and she received it.

"Ishaan!" There was a sadness in her voice. "Had your dinner?"

"I did." He spoke from the other end. "I'm sorry for disturbing you at this time of the night but I couldn't go to sleep before thanking you for whatever you did today for regaining my academy's reputation."

"Oh," she said softly. "It's very less compared to what-ever you did and still doing for me."

"I hope tomorrow will bring a fresh start to my academy." He was quite elated. "Prachi, why do you sound so gloomy? Tell me if it's worth sharing."

"I am worried for my brother." Prachi narrated to him each and every truth. "When he needs Aa-rohi the most, she is also not with him. I can't even blame her though."