Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Shalini put away the phone after talking to Aarohi. She did not want to annoy Aarohi when she was busy with the most important task of planning for the dance academy. She had so many things to share with her best friend Aarohi, especially about the new unwanted guest in their house, i.e. Nia.

Gently dropping the fourth novel of Dhairya's on her bed, she lied down beside it. It was the first time she was feeling a sense of uneasiness and strongly needed an emotional support in order to choose a way further to arrange her own life as like other girls of her age.

She heard a knock on her door before finding Shaurya entering it and stopping right next to her bed. "Are you asleep, Shai?"

"No." She answered silently and sat upright again. "Do you need anything?"

"Can't I come to my daughter and sit for quite some time with her only to share little things that would keep both of us happy?"

Shalini nodded her head. Though she was not ready to forgive him, his caring words always managed to melt her heart and this was the only reason why she could never argue with him. "What do you want to share?"

"Your feelings for someone." Shaurya was straight forward, unlike most other fathers in the world. "Shai, I am aware that you are deeply in love with our eldest and sweetest boy Dhairya."

Shalini could not react at first because the topic deemed to be out of syllabus for her. She was not ready to face such a question coming from her own father. Out of sheer nervousness, she managed to answer, "Who told you such a thing? It can't be true."

"If it is really not true, why did you have that puckered look on your face when Dhairya came into the house alongwith Nia?"

"You are mistaken. I was only trying to figure out as to who she is since Dhai is someone who can't easily get along with others. He is very selective when it comes to people."

"You know so many things about him and still you want to deny that you don't love him!"

"This is something you are also aware of, nothing unique that only I know." Shalini wanted to cover up. "I don't really want to discuss on such a bizarre topic."

"Alright, for once I believe in your words but what about the hidden message in the stories that Dhairya has been writing over the years?"

Shalini's eyes widened with the serious enquiry. "What are you talking about?"

"I know you might not want to share anything with me because you hate your father and you think I will only give you pain." Shaurya murmured softly. "But I promise you I will go to any extent to get your love story complete. I hope you will forgive me after that."

Tears encricled Shalini's eyes. She felt her heart being stabbed by daggers to see her father crying and pleading for her forgiveness, and when Shaurya threw his arm around her shoulders to pull her to his chest and impart her a comfort she needed the most, Shalini almost broke down crying. "I am sorry, papa, I never wanted to see you crying for me. I know I have been so heartbroken for everything that has happened. I am also aware that I have equally broken you and hurt you in the same way."

"I was never hurt by your behaviour. I only seek for your forgiveness so that we can again unite like the little Shai and her Shay." He murmured, raking her hair. "Will you give me a chance to prove to you that I am the best father in the world? You can forgive me later if I am able to fulfill my promises."

Shalini shook her head in affirmation. "Please don't do something which may offend Dhairya or the other family members."

"I won't. I will try convincing Vidya and Dheeraj on this."