35// lavender haze

I feel the lavender haze
                         creeping up on me
                                    Surreal
               I'm damned if I do give a
                damn what people say
              No deal The 1950s
shit they want from me
  I just wanna stay in that lavender haze

                              —Taylor Swift—
                   [ Wanda Maximoff ]

I rolled around on the mattress, I ran my fingers on the other side of the bed seeking Alex's warmth, but he wasn't there. I heard the sound of fluttering and chirping of the baby bird outside of the windowsill. I pulled the blanket over my head, I smothered myself with the warmth of the blanket. That's when I heard the taps on the window get louder, and louder and louder, which was disturbing me from my sleep.

I kept rolling around in the bed, I felt the wind blowing through the crack of the window.

I pushed the lavender blanket off of me. I walked over to the large mirror in the bathroom, I splash water onto my face, running my fingers through my hair.

I looked like shit, I looked horrendous actually if I'm being correct.

I walked around the house walking down the stairs. The sun glisten through the windowsill, and I heard the soft creaking of the wood fool.  I was looking for Alex since he wasn't in the bed when I woke up, the smell of pancakes and bacon lingering around the cabin. I turn down the corner walking into the living room.

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Teddy and Jack both laid their heads on Alex's lap, Peter was asleep in the armchair a blanket wrapped around his body. All four of them were sleeping.

I looked down at their half-eaten pancakes and bacon on the table. I tapped Alex on the shoulder
trying to wake him up. He still wasn't moving or making any type of effort to wake up. I pushed him again this time making him wake up.

He wiped spit off of his face. Jack and Teddy both started to wake up because of Alex's movements.
Both of them groaned mostly likely to be annoyed with me waking them up. Jack formed a ball of dark blue energy throwing it at Peter makes him fall backward in the chair.

Teddy softly rubs his eyes as he slowly wakes up. "You got good rest sweetheart?" I asked.

"No! You tried tacky wench, how do you sleep on his thick meaty thighs," Jack hissed out at me.

His hair was all in a mess and he had drool on his mouth. "Damn, who made you choose violence this morning?"

He grumbled something under his breath. I walked over to the cabinet pulling out a bottle of the most expensive vodka. I felt Peter take the bottle out of my hand. "Don't you think it's a bit too early to be drinking?"

"Oh fuck off!" I cussed out at him. I took the bottle out of his hand.

I snapped my fingers making a red spark flicker in my hand, the room started to straighten itself up.

"I forgot you could do that," Alex said.

"Almost forgot I could do that as well,"

Jack came up beside me. "Wow, you guys are the cutest and cringe couple. Jack pulled a lighter out of his boxers. "Now, Teddy do you wanna cause some mayhem. . . ?" Teddy try taking the lighter from his hand but Jack pulled his hand away. "Not so easy. . . First of all we are doing things my way and second of all, we are not setting the forest on fire,"

"That's boring," He said crossing his arms.

Jack closed the lighter in his hands. "Go get dressed."

Teddy dashed up the steps knocking Peter over. Jack was getting ready to turn around when Alex grabbed his arm.

"Okay, what are you doing?"

"What?! You don't trust me? Wow, Alex—"

"Last time I left you with Teddy, you guys came back with a bloody bear's head!"

I stood beside Jack, placing one of my hands on his shoulders. "Jack is responsible, right?"

He forced a smile on his face. "Good, now go take a shower you need it."

Alex started running, and Jack ran right behind him.

I and Peter stood there both holding cups of tea as we watch Jack try to kill Alex.