36// Prom

Please don't take it, don't take it personal
                   Like I know you usually do
      Please don't take it, don't take it personal
                Like I know you usually do
                             Please, please
                    Don't take it personal
               Darling, like I know you will

                                  —SZA—

                      [Alex Rodriguez]

I laid down on the bed with my back against the wall and a book in my hands. I checked the time it was around ten. I looked back down to finish reading my book. I heard the door open and close, and Wanda flopped onto the bed. Jack followed right behind her. he finally got rid of all the perm out of his hair, and instead of his loose curly hair, he now has thick locs that fell halfway down his face and his sides. "Good Morning darling, and good morning Jack," She kissed me on the lips and we stay like that for a very long time.

"You two make me sick!" I flipped him off, she sat on my lap her hands right on my shoulders.
I looked down at my phone seeing all of the missed messages from Marcus.

I ignored him. "So what are we going to do today?" Jack asked. "What's that?" He pointed out the window. We all huddle around the window. A big black pickup truck was parked in front of the cabin. "Oh my God, I saw something like this in a movie, where these kids stay at the cabin and then—"

Wanda doesn't up her hand shutting him up. "Is that your brother?" She asked me.

I got up from my bed dashing down the stairs. Teddy and Peter were both sitting at the table playing a game of chess.

Wanda and Jack followed after me.

I pulled the door open and I almost jumped when
Marcus was standing there. He wrapped his arms around me hoisting me up into the air. "Good to see you, baby brother,"

"Good to see you too, I guess." He put me down on the ground. "I didn't even know you were coming,"

"Yeah, I thought it would be a fun idea to surprise you, and I see you bring a couple of friends with you," He extended his hand to Jack. "I'm Marcus, I'm Alex's older brother,"

He stared at his hand. "I'm Jack, and you got shawarma grease all over your hands."

This is a bad chapter
But I will make it up to
You guys with the next one