5

Bradley stood in Tate's kitchen as she searched through her closet for something to wear tonight.

"I think you're putting way too much thought into this," Bradley calls out to her from the kitchen. Tate rolls her eyes as she flips through her closet, pushing away dresses, shirts, everything really.

"It's not even a date so why are you putting so much energy into it?" He asks as he appears in her doorway with a knife in hand.

"I'm not. I just like to look good and you know that" she says as she looks at him. He looks back at the girl wrapped in her towel, her nearly dry hair falling around her shoulders.

"Don't you think you'll give him the wrong impression if you do dress like it's a date?" He asks her as she finally pulls out a short, long-sleeved velvet black dress. "Brad, it's just two friends going out to dinner and getting to know one another more," Tate says as she puts the dress on the bed.

Bradley purses his lips as he walks back out to the kitchen. Tate walks into her bathroom, pulling out her makeup bag and wrapping herself in her robe. She listens to the chopping coming from her kitchen.

"Look, if it is a friend thing, then why didn't he invite us as well?" Bradley calls out to her. Tate sighs annoyed as she puts on her mascara. "I have no idea Bradley, maybe because I'm the only one who's given him a chance,"

She wasn't wrong. As the deal, she made before, she's giving Jake a chance. He's taking this opportunity to prove to her that he was more than what he shows everyone.

"I just think he conned you into a date," Bradley says with a shrug as Tate brushes out her hair. "And if he did?" She asks as she pokes her head out of the bathroom and looks at Bradley. He doesn't answer, he goes back to chopping. Tate rolls her eyes as she walks out and grabs her dress.

She puts it on quickly and looks at her best friend. "Look, maybe when he sees you and Nat giving him a chance as well, he'll invite you out to dinner. Just you two," Tate teases as she walks over to the bathroom. Bradley scoffs.

"Don't even joke like that, you know how I feel about the guy," He says as he sets the knife down. Tate looks over at him as she begins to do her hair. "Brad, if I'm doing it, why can't you?" She asks. He doesn't answer.

He doesn't know what to say. Nor does he have an answer for her. At least not an acceptable one.

Bradley just doesn't like Jake. From what he's read, from what he's witnessed from the man, from the conversations the two have had. Of course, he appreciated it when Jake apologized, and he was being genuine about it. But how does one apology fix everything that Jake has said to him? Or what he has done?

For fucks sake, the man's call sign is Hangman. It's self-explanatory!

He loves to see his best friend be vulnerable and nice to their fellow pilot, but how does one go about putting their own differences aside for the sake of everyone else's favor? Jake has hurt the man's feelings on multiple occasions by bringing up his father.

Tate finishes getting ready and she exits her bathroom, grabbing her shoes on the way out of her room. Bradley looks up from his chopping to see the woman.

She's in her velvet black dress that goes down to her knees. It's slightly form-fitting with a lacey collar that goes up to her collar bones. The dress compliments her slight tan completion. Paired with it are fishnet stalkings and her all-black docs. Her auburn hair was slightly curled and pulled into a lazy side ponytail.