16

A week had gone by now, and Bradley and Tate had spent all their time together. Just two weeks left now, and time was closing in.

The pilots all had been practicing the exercises that they had learned over the last 3 1/2 months. Getting each move to be near perfect. Graduation is now just around the corner.

Everyone is anxious about who is going to get the spot on that plaque. With it being so close, a lot of the aviators had turned on each other, some ignoring one another.

But the original 6 had not. They were stuck together like glue, even in one of them had a small issue with another one. They were the only ones who had each other's back during all of this.

The stress was hard, but each of them had the other, and it felt like it was going to be simple these last two weeks.

So the 6 came up with the idea to go to the Hard Deck for the night, considering that it might be their last.

With their tasks taking more of their time throughout the day, they were all flopping into bed and passing out on immediate impact.

Bradley and Tate took turns playing pool while Javy and Jake played darts. Brigham and Natasha were holding beers while watching the pair play pool.

"You know, it's kind of depressing that we have so little time left," Natasha says as she licks the beer off her lips.

"I wish we all either had more time or were at least in the same squadrons," Brigham says

Tate stands upright and hands the pool stick to Bradley. He lines up to take his shot.

"I think it would be cool if, after all of this, we got put into a new squadron. One for all Top Gun graduates of this year,"

"Are you sure you can handle being on the same base as Bagman?" Tate teases Bradley. He purses his lips as he misses his shot. Natasha and Brigham look at each other, stiffening their laughs at Tate's words.

"Maybe one without him,"

"Ouch Rooster, can't put the hatred aside and dream of living on the same base with your team?" Jake teases as he joins everyone else at the pool table. Javy joins right behind him.

Bradley hands Tate the pool stick. Bradley rolls his eyes at Jake's response.

"I'm going to get more beers, does anyone want one?" Bradley asks looking at the group. A few of them raise their empty beer bottles to his offer and he heads towards the bar.

Tate takes all the balls out of their pockets and lines them up. She hands the pool stick to Natasha and Javy grabs one off of the rack.

Jake and Tate stand back next to Brigham as they watch the pair start their game.

"Hope you don't plan on getting drunk tonight darlin', I think you need a break," Jake teases as he sips the rest of his beer.

Tate smiles up at him as she sets her empty bottle down. "Two beer limit for the night, I'm done," She says with a smirk.

Brigham watches the two and smiles. The chemistry was obvious.

Bradley comes back with everyone's beers and leans toward Tate. "Pull the chord. One last song before we go," He whispers.

Tate smiles and nods. She walks to the jukebox while Javy, Brigham, and Natasha follow Bradley to the piano.

The bar fills with boos and groans like their first night here ass Bradley sits at the piano bench and cracks his knuckles.