35

The next morning, all the aviators were now in the air or in a side room waiting for their turn in the air. Tate sat in the side room with a handful of them while Bradley and his fox trot team were in the air, awaiting Maverick's arrival.

"Well, I know when you're around, cause I know the sound,"

Bradley frowns as he listens over the headset at a voice softly singing.

"I know the sound of your heart,"

Everyone who wasn't in the air was listening in, also confused by the singing. Bob knew who was singing, and why they were singing.

"Uhm, Payback?" Bradley asks over the headset confused.

"What's up Roost?" he asks. The singing still going on.

"Is that Fanboy singing?" Reuben chuckles as the singing stops. "Sure is, he picked it up to ease his nerves. Something he got from flight school,"

Tate raises her eyebrows impressed at the idea she heard over the radio. In all her years flying, she had never heard of anyone singing to calm their nerves.

"Where did you get that idea Fanboy?" Mickey smiles

"Oh, I got it from my w-"

"Good morning aviators! This is your captain speaking," Maverick says cutting off Fanboy.

Tate rolls her eyes as she sits back listening to Maverick giving the two jets in the air. Jake, Natasha, Javy, and Brigham were all in the side room with her and a few others.

Jake sat on the couch next to the one Tate was sitting on. He had an F-18 model in his hand and he was twirling it slowly between his fingers.

Brigham stood by the foosball table with a few others as they listened in to the voices on the radio. Javy sat with Tate on the couch while Natasha and Bob stood behind it.

The four of them talk bout the pilots in the air.

"Or else what sir?" Reuben asks Maverick in a teasing way. The Captian had just finished explaining the exercise to the aviators.

"Or else I shoot back. If I shoot either one of you down, you both lose," Maverick answers.

Jake rolls his eyes at the man's words.

"This guy needs an ego check,"

Tate looks over at Jake. He was still toying with the model in his hands.

"That says a lot coming from you," she says to him. Jake looks over at her and smirks. "Why don't you put mine in check for me then?"

"Commanding Officer," He teases

Jake was honestly shocked at the fact that she had moved up a rank. But he didn't doubt her abilities to do so. Of course, he had to tease her about it.

"Be careful what you wish for Bagman," Tate answers.

"What say we put some skin in the game?" Reuben asks over the headset. "What do you have in mind?" Asks Maverick.

Bob lowers his head smiling at the two. He knew them both well enough to know they were going to make a deal that was way over their heads.

Therefore causing all the other aviators to get cocky.

"Whoever gets shot down first has to do 200 push-ups,"

Bob snorts at the reply.

Everyone listens to the banter of the three pilots as Bradley remains quiet.