Chapter 33

Chris finished packing his suitcase for his flight the next day to Europe. He was requested to come back for filming to do reshoots. It was three weeks before Christmas, but he was promised that he would be back home in time to celebrate with his family, Giselle, and Jeremy. He did his best to negotiate doing the scenes after the New Year, but the post-production team needed to begin editing so that the movie could be released on time.

"What are you watching?" Chris asked Giselle as he stood in the doorway looking at her lying on the bed, cuddled in a pillow. He admired the curve of her body and the way it was barely covered by the t-shirt of his that she was wearing with her panties peeking underneath.

Giselle lifted her head to stare at him from over her shoulder. "Just a Christmas movie." She kept her answer vague on purpose.

"Oh yeah, what's it called?" Chris questioned as he made his way over to the bed. He joined her, spooning her from behind and burying his nose in her curls that were put in a messy bun on the top of her head.

Giselle grinned at herself embarrassed. Regardless of how cheesy the plots could be she loved watching Hallmark Christmas movies. It started when she was 16. She and her mom would watch curled up on the couch, wrapped up in blankets with hot cocoa. She knew the movies would never be nominated for an Oscar but this year more than ever, she needed something that felt familiar.

"Promise you won't tease me." Giselle insisted as she chuckled softly to herself. She moved to her back, finding a spot in the crook of his arms.

"Why would I make fun of you?" Chris looked curiously, furrowing his eyebrows, and looking down at her.

"Just promise."

"Ok fine. I promise."

"It's called Christmas on candy cane lane..." Giselle mumbled softly hiding her shame.

"It's what?" Chris asked for clarification because he wasn't quite sure he heard it right.

"It's called Christmas on candy cane lane." Again, she mumbled again but quicker this time.

"Why are you talking so softly and so fast?" Chris couldn't help but laugh because he was confused. He found it humorous that she wouldn't just tell him.

"It's called Christmas on candy cane lane." Giselle loudly said this time and enunciated her words so he would be sure to hear her this time.

Chris sat quietly, not knowing what to say and feeling the laughter rise to the surface. He obviously had heard about these movies and had even made fun of his mom and sisters for watching them. He brought his lips into his mouth, but the smile grew any way.

"It's about a woman that comes home from the city, and she has to save the towns Christmas festival that's held every year on Christmas cane lane." Giselle sat up and leaned against the headboard, rolling her eyes, and huffing out a breath because she knew he wanted so bad to make fun of her. "Go ahead get it out." She gave him permission to let go and crossed her arms against her chest.

Chris couldn't contain himself anymore when he finally got the ok. He leaned over face down in the pillow as it muffled the sound of his uncontrollable laughter.

Giselle continued to sit there unamused by his reaction. He seemed to go on forever and while she could admit it was funny; it wasn't that funny. "Are you done?"

Chris found her annoyance just as funny, so he kept going.

Giselle smacked her lips and left the bed, heading for the kitchen and away from her self-consciousness. She needed something sweet, and she remembered there was pie left over from dinner.