Chapter 47

"Chris Evans everyone!" Jimmy Fallon introduced him for the tonight show to millions of fans across the world.

Chris had been asked to do a 20-minute interview to catch up on what's been going on since the pandemic happened. "Hey Jimmy. "How ya been pal?" He asked summoning his acting skills. He tried to get out of it, but it was too late to cancel so he had no choice but to smile and pretend to be excited.

"How have you been this past year? How have you been passing the time?" Jimmy asked as they dived in. Questions were asked about 'A starting point' launch, Dodger, Tom Brady signing with the Tampa Bay buccaneers and inevitably the post from new years with Chris was brought up. "And from what I hear, there's a special woman in your life and not only that but you proposed?"

Chris once again faked a smile and nodded his head as he prepared to tell the story. "Yeah, that's true. I met an amazing woman right before the world changed. And it's been the best year of my life."

"Where is the lucky lady? Can she come on to say hi?" Jimmy asked enthusiastically, unaware that the question was like a punch in the gut.

"Uh...Um" Chris stuttered thinking of an excuse of why Giselle was not with him. "She's...uh sleeping. It's not a good idea to wake the 'sleeping bear' if you know what I mean? Chris laughed trying to hide that he was clearly uncomfortable.

"Absolutely. I'm happy for you and I'm sure your family, friends and fans are happy to see you get your happily ever after. Thanks for being on the show."

"Thanks Jimmy. See ya later buddy." Chris finished the broadcast with a wave and his signature smile.

Once the streaming had ended, dodger came to sit by the chair he was sitting in at the kitchen island and rested his head in his lap. "Yeah, I know. I miss them too." Chris responded to the dog as he let out a whimper and looked up at him with his big brown eyes.

Chris closed his laptop and pushed away from the counter. As he was heading to the refrigerator to grab a cold beer he had been looking forward to for the past hour, there was knock on his door.

Chris grabbed the bottle and sat it on the kitchen table before heading for the door. "Alright I'm coming." He shouted when whoever was at the door knocked but urgently this time.

Chris pulled open the door to reveal his older sister Carly standing on the other side of the threshold. "What are you doing here?" He asked in confusion but stepping back to let her inside.

Carly pushed past him and walked into the living room and put her purse down on the sofa before crossing her legs. She patted the cushion next to her, signaling for him to sit down.

Chris sighed but found his spot next to her, folding one leg under him as turned his body to look at her. "Let me guess...you drew the shortest straw?"

Shana's lip in a straight line as she shook her head and reached out to put her hands over his that way lying across the back of the couch. "Yep. We're all concerned. It's been a week and you're still holed up inside your home."

"What do you expect? Did you think it be over her by now?" Chris asked annoyed. His tone came of harsher than he wanted but he felt like he was being cornered.

"First of all, lower your voice." Carly warned him, reminding him that she deserved respect. "Secondly, we're worried. We're your family and just want to make sure you're ok."