Chapter 5

Pete was walking up and down the living room, a maid walked silently to Vegas, who was sitting on the sofa with his younger brother by his side. She leant closer to him and murmured that the food was ready and that the cook wanted to know if he could put it on the table. Vegas sighed heavily and turned to Pete.

"Honey, Venice is probably out for dinner with a friend, we should start eating, don't you agree?" Vegas asked. Pete glared at him and responded with a harsh tone:

"Don't be ridiculous, he has always called in this kind of situation. Besides that, do you think that he would have skipped a dinner with Macau? He knows pretty well that his uncle is usually travelling around... No, something bad happened, I can clearly feel it"

"To be honest, you're being a little overdramatic, Venice is an adult man now and I'm sure that he ca-" Macau started but Pete immediately interrupted him and told him that nobody asked for his opinion. Realizing that a response like that was rude and completely unnecessary, Pete walked to the sofa and sat down, then he added:

"Sorry Macau... I'm worried, that's all. You see, at night he had a high fever and he was still a little feverish when he left in the morning and I fear that it could get worse if Venice works too much."

After hearing Pete's words, Macau glared at his older brother and said: "You really let your son leave in such conditions? I'm so disappointed by your reckless behavior, Vegas"

"Don't blame me! I was just as worried as Pete but I can't put my son in a golden cage to make sure that nothing bad happens to him! I can't tell him to do something or to avoid something else, he's an adult now and he is responsible enough to think and act for himself" Vegas responded.

Just while the three of them were arguing about the right way to raise a child, Payu entered the mansion. One of the maids asked him if she had to inform his parents about his arrival, but after he heard the sound of their angry voices in the distant, Payu shook his head and replied:

"I'll go to my rooms and rest a little bit. Ask the cook if it is possible to get a hot soup... only after that you can tell my fathers that I'm home... now I really need to go to bed..."

Vegas and Macau found out about his arrival right after they saw the cook going to the first floor of the mansion with a bowl of soup, the maid didn't dare to hide the truth from them. Vegas told his brother to go upstairs immediately and check his son, then he told the cook that they were ready for dinner.

"Wait, why are you bringing the food? Venice isn't home yet" Pete asked confused, the cook just told him that Vegas ordered to do so and at that point Pete was even more confused than before.

"Pete, sit down and eat" Vegas said.

"You know that I can't eat when I'm worried..."

"Oh, I guess you weren't worried when I kidnapped you since you ate those noodles at the time" Vegas replied as he took the spoon and moved the food a little bit before eating a piece of it.

"I'm not in the mood" Pete replied.

"Fine. Venice is upstairs, Macau is talking with him. Sit down and eat"

"What? Why didn't you tell me that sooner!?"

"Pete, you don't understand, I know that you're worried and that you're angry because he didn't do what you asked him to do, but you can't just go upstairs and scold him, trust me, I'm sure he learnt his lesson" Vegas responded as he started eating.

Macau walked down the stairs shortly after that, he entered the dining room and while he was walking to his seat he said:

"Nothing to worry about, he's still feverish and his head hurts, but I'm sure that with the medications he took and a few days of rest he will get good as new."

"Did he tell you something?" Pete asked.

"Nah, he just apologized for making you worry, he was too tired to talk"