Chapter 13

Rain recognized Pete immediately, he turned to run away from in the opposite direction but it was already too late since Payu was walking to him. It didn't take long for Pete to realize what was going on: Rain was petrified and his son probably had a broken nose. Rain was about to move but Pete firmly grabbed his arm, then he turned to his son and as he was close enough he asked:

"Did he do that to you? Yes or no"

"Dad..." Payu said trying to calm him down even though he knew that there was no actual way to succeed in that task considering his situation at that moment.

"Yes, or no!" Pete repeated angrily, Payu nodded since he knew that a lie wasn't the best option with his dad. Pete nodded and opened the car door, he aggressively pushed Rain inside the car on the passenger seat and then he got into the back of the car with Payu.

Vegas didn't even have enough time to realize what was going on, he was just sitting on the driver's seat and ended up with a terrified guy next to him.

"Let's go home, Vegas" Pete said with the same angry tone he uses when he is in the mood to stab his husband in the throat. Vegas nodded and started the engine, he gave a rapid look at the mirror to see Pete and Payu in the back seats, he noticed the blood stains on his son shirt and exclaimed:

"Jesus, what happened to you!"

"The reason of this is right next to you" Pete responded.

Rain remained silent all the time, he really didn't know what to expect, he still had his phone in his pocket so if he managed to hide somewhere after the car stopped he could still call for help.

"Does it hurt? Come on, let me give it a look..." Pete said to his son softly. Rain managed to look at them a few times and heard whatever they said. He was surprised to remark a certain difference in Payu's attitude. His usual confidence wasn't there anymore, Payu wasn't surely an arrogant or selfish person, but he had that confident way to act with others, it was almost as something broke.... Besides the nose, which was broken for sure.

A few minutes later Vegas parked their car in front of the mansion of the minor family. Pete took Payu to his room and called doctor Top to visit him while Vegas pushed Rain to the living room.

"Is P Payu ok?" Rain asked.

"I'm pretty sure that he would have felt better without a broken nose. Anyway, you have the opportunity to explain yourself now, you better convince me now before my husband arrives." Vegas said as he sat in front of him.

"I'm really sorry sir! I didn't mean to hurt P Payu at all! It was just an accident!" Rain exclaimed.

"You will need much more than that, kid..." Vegas started but he stopped as he saw Pete walking to the poor guy. He grabbed Rain by the collar of his shirt and started shouting at him:

"How dare you! Why did you punch my son!" Pete yelled repeatedly.

While Pete kept yelling at Rain for what he did, even though the poor guy eventually managed to explain the whole misunderstanding, Doctor Top and Porchay arrived at home. Pete didn't actually call Porchay in the first place, but Top was at the major family's house with Tankhun and Chay when he got called by Pete and Porchay decided to come too.

Top and Chay completely ignored what was happening in the living room between Pete and Rain, they walked upstairs and went to Payu's bedroom. Chay gasped as he saw all that blood and that reaction only made things worse.

The doctor told Chay to leave for a moment and help the poor aggressor downstairs before Pete could kill him since he didn't need him for the medication.

Porsche's brother stepped between Pete and Rain, he looked at the older one and said:

"P Pete, listen, I'll deal with him, ok? Go upstairs and see if doctor Top needs anything, I'm sure that your son needs you much more than this guy who is surely regretting his deed, right?"

Pete sighed and nodded before leaving the room. Chay told Rain to follow him in the garden where no one would bother them, Rain agreed since Chay looked much more calm that the others and considering that he really didn't have any other option at that moment.

"What's your name? Do you want to tell me what happened?" Chay said calmly.

"Rain... It was just an accident! I swear!"

"I know it was an accident, I just want to know what happened exactly" Chay replied.

"Al... alright... I saw that Payu's boyfriend was cheating on him and I went to confront him, Payu tried to stop me and I accidentally punched him. I only wanted to help him..." Rain responded.

"I see. It is very weird though, Venice isn't dating anyone at the moment and I'm pretty sure about that. Do you know the name of this possible boyfriend?" Chay asked.

"Win" Rain answered. Chay chuckled and patted Rain's shoulder, then he told him:

"Win has a boyfriend, they have been dating for several years, but that boyfriend isn't Venice. There is still something I don't understand, why do you care? I'm also quite sure I saw you at the inauguration..."

In the meanwhile Pete was waiting in Payu's room. He was worried because of the injury but it wasn't his biggest concern, he knew that it was going to heal pretty fast, no, there was something else.

"Khun, I don't understand why you're talking about this Venice when I punched Payu"

"Oh, it is just a nickname, we are so used to it that we use it as if it was his actual name" Chay replied with a smile. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

There are things that can be told and things that should stay a secret and the reason of that nickname was one of them. Payu wasn't exactly the hottest guy in high school, he didn't have his "glow up" and he detested the fact that his parents were so handsome while he considered himself below average. His classmates made fun of him everyday and since Payu knew what his parents could do, he confessed everything only to Chay.

When Payu started college nobody recognized him and he liked that. Everyone was kind to him and loved staying around him. Was he a narcissistic person? Not at all. Did he think that losing his beauty would result in a total downfall? Yeah. Chay obviously told everything to Pete who didn't drop the act until the last year of college. That's why Pete was worried, he didn't want to see his beloved son sad and he was ready to do whatever was necessary. 

A.N. I know that some people may not like this concept, but I wanted to show a different side of Payu's personality instead of just the "perfect boyfriend". Let me know what you think!