Chapter 40

"Kim, I think that we all understand your concerns, however, your son is a Theerapanyakul..." Kim replied but Vegas slammed his hand on the large table and changed his tone.

"Apparently I didn't make myself clear enough. You don't have the right to define who my son is! He's our son and we will proceed accordingly. I've always let him choose on his own but this is out of question!" Vegas shouted.

"Vegas, calm down... we can..." Pete tried to say but Vegas stopped him too, even when Venice himself tried to intervene.

"Shut up everyone! You can complain and beg as much as you want, Venice will never be the head of the family, end of story! He has suffered enough! He doesn't need to handle the rotten affairs of the family. If Prapai wants to do it that much, he has my vote to support him" Vegas finished and sat down.

Everyone remained silent, they all looked at each other, surprised that Vegas said that, instead of doing his best to take control of both families thanks to his son.

"Porsche? Do you want to say something?" Kim said rubbing his temples in frustration. Porsche sighed and stood up.

"To be honest, I didn't even want all this too happen but apparently my son is too similar to Kinn... anyway... if Vegas doesn't want his son to be in danger I don't understand why I should agree to put mine in such a situation" Porsche finished and sat back down.

"Wonderful... we started with two heirs and now we have no one ready to take my place... I'm seriously sick of this situation. Kinn, you will keep Pai close to you and show how you work, so that if it is necessary he can still replace you. However, if I die before you all, you will just cooperate instead of looking for a new leader. It isn't like this family will have another generation after Venice and Pai after all... don't bring the topic up again or I will kill you.... Is there anything else that is stupid enough to be discussed among us?" Kim stated.

Tankhun raised his hand, everyone sighed at that sight and Kim facepalmed so hard that it almost looked like he broke his own nose that way.

"Yes... Tankhun..." Kim murmured, probably sensing a vein on his forehead about to explode.

"Why is the little brat here?" the older brother ask, looking at Rain, who immediately looked down.

"Oh for God's sake, he's my son's boyfriend and we would appreciate if you stop disrespecting him, he has already apologized after all" Vegas replied.

"Check your father, I'm pretty sure that an alien has replaced him..." Pete said as leant closer to his son's ear.

"Yeah I got it, but I wonder why he did what he did" Tankhun added.

"He doesn't owe you an explanation..." Pete intervened.

"It's alright... I think it is the right thing to do after all, right? Well... that night I went to apologize to Khun Pete for what happened, I happened to overhear his conversation with his husband so I knew what really hurt him... when I entered he started acting intimidating and I was scared... I... I felt like I needed to find an easy way to catch him off guard and leave... I... I instinctively said that, even though I immediately realized how wrong it was... I'm really sorry... I know that hurting a member of a family hurts the whole family and I hope that someday you will be able to accept me..." Rain explained.

It was at that moment Chay punched Kim's shoulder, the latter turned to him confused and a little annoyed so he asked his partner why he did that.

"Isn't it obvious? Take note, this is how you're supposed to apologize when you make me mad, it isn't necessary to buy stuff to make me forgive you" Chay responded.

"But you always accept my gifts!"

"That's because I understand that you're sorry, however it would be great if sometimes you try to expose your feelings instead of using your wealth. I mean... even Vegas showed his love to his son right now, and he's VEGAS!" Chay replied.

"I can't deny that he has a point..." Vegas whispered.

"Here is your snack, sir..." Arm said as he gave a bag of chips to Macau, who was the only one having fun during that meeting.

"Yeah thanks, however Tankhun has stolen my snack..." Macau said pointing at Top. Since we don't want the reader to get bored, we will avoid the long list of bad words used by Tankhun to refer to his cousin after that silly joke, not only because it was very long, but also because Top had to literally pull Tankhun away before he could choke his young cousin.

"Ok, now that the drama queen is away... I think that I can welcome you as part of the family, Rain. I'm sure that you will enjoy the time you will spend with us... perhaps you can take him to our next event, don't you agree Venice?" Kim said.

"To be honest, I don't think it would be a good idea" Venice said. That sentence was like a dagger to Rain. Venice said that because he thought that the pressure of social events could be too much for his boyfriend, however Rain couldn't help but think that maybe Venice felt a little ashamed by his presence with important guests.

Venice wasn't facing Rain at that moment so he could notice the change of expression, Pete, on the other hand, noticed it quite clearly. 

A.N. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and thoughts, they were very helpful. I still feel like there is so much to say about them so I don't think that this book will end so soon (and I will probably add some special chapters after the end so stay tuned and tell me what scenarios you would like to see)