Chapter 10

Even though he tried to fight back at the very beginning, Rain eventually accepted his fate and let the bodyguard take him wherever he wanted. He asked him a few times what was going on but the man didn't reply, he just opened a door, pushed Rain inside and told him to sit on a chair in front of an ornated desk. The young waiter didn't understand at first.

After a minute, a man entered the small office alone. Rain turned immediately as he heard the noise of the door opening, he was surprised to see a man with a really nice suit and an almost angelic face. The first thing he noticed however, wasn't his face or his suit, but his bright diamond earrings, highlighted by his dark hair.

"So, I've talked with the director and I know for sure that you weren't allowed to the second floor. I don't care how you managed to reach that floor, I just want to know why you were observing a certain guest. Answer quickly" the man said as he stopped in front of the desk.

Rain stuttered for a while, the man rapidly became irritated, he glared at him and held the poor guy's chin with his index finger, then he told him that he didn't want to repeat his question.

"I wanted to see Payu!" Rain exclaimed. He was sure that saying the truth was the only option in a situation like that, however he became even more nervous as he realized that his answer managed to annoy the man even more.

"Listen here kid, I don't like games and I don't like when someone tries to make fun of me. There is no Payu up here, I will repeat my question, why were you observing one of the guests?" right after saying these words, the man looked up to turn to the door as he heard the noise of someone walking in.

"Papa, there is no need for this, I can guarantee that this boy isn't a spy, he just got lost in this maze. Am I right, Rain?" Venice said as he got close enough to the chair. Rain turned to him and realized that he was Payu, so he immediately shouted:

"Seen! I'm not a liar! Here's Payu!"

Pete sighed and shook his head. He went to the back of the desk and sat down, then he looked at the waiter with an irritated face and moved his hand to communicate him that he could leave. Rain obviously didn't wait for second thoughts and ran away as fast as he could.

"Are you going to tell me why you told me to let him leave? Just because he's a scrawny kid doesn't mean that he can't be a spy sent by a rival clan, you should know this more than anyone else, Venice... Arm, ask for a glass of water, I'm thirsty and if I drink another drop of champagne I will throw up..." Pete said.

Arm rushed outside as he heard those words, while Payu sighed and sat down.

"I know that you will probably get mad at me, papa, but I've observed him long enough and I can assure you that he isn't a spy. Just so you know, he's the poor guy I helped that rainy day..." Venice explained.

"Yeah you're right, I'm really mad at you. I'm mad at you because you told me that too late, now I can't call him back to beat the hell out of him for making you sick. Tell me the truth, you helped him just because he's cute, didn't you?" Pete asked.

"You find him cute, then" Venice replied, trying to forget the sudden embarrassment he felt after that question.

"Don't try those little tricks with me, Venice... he's cute though, even though he's terribly clumsy. I'm pretty sure that he would destroy half of our house during his first meeting with the family."

Rain remained silent for the rest of the event. Sky asked him several times what happened but Rain repeated always the same answer "I'm fine, don't worry". His friend realized immediately that something was off, however he knew that it was absolutely useless to ask him again and he decided to let him cool down and ask the following day.

The following morning, Sky went to Rain's house. He stood there in front of the entrance with a few paper bags in his hands and rang the doorbell.

"Good morning, I hope you haven't had breakfast yet, I bought something special from the café down the street." Sky said after his friend opened the door. Rain replied with a whisper, he looked like someone who broke up after a long relationship.

Sky put the food on the table in the dining room and waited for Rain to sit down. Rain stared at the food and moved the spoon around without eating anything. He eventually looked up at Sky and asked:

"Do you think that Payu is dating someone?"

"I wouldn't be surprised, hot guys like him aren't that common after all" Sky replied while drinking some water.

"I... I saw him with some guys yesterday at the hotel... I need to know who they are" Rain replied.

"Why do you need that? If you really like your precious Prince Payu, then why don't you just confess your intimate feelings from the bottom of your heart?" Sky said with a sarcastic tone.

"I got it... I'll do it myself..."

"Fine fine, I will help you... not because I agree with your intention but because I fear that you might get in troubles like yesterday."