Chapter 33

He entered the dining room and the first thing he saw was that the cognac was safe on the shelf, as he looked carefully he noticed that a bottle of vodka was missing though, he looked around and his eyes widened, his heart started beating faster and a scream naturally came out of his lungs.

"Venice!" the uncle shouted and rushed to the guy. He came close enough to feel that he was still breathing, even though it was clearly that he drank enough to make him lose his balance.

"Stop... s... sorry... stop... yelling..." the unconscious guy complained.

"Venice! Talk to me! PETE! VEGAS!" Macau shouted.

Soon Venice's parents and his boyfriend ran upstairs. Pete was the first one to arrive, he stopped just at the entrance of the room, the sight of his beloved son on the floor was too much for him, he felt like he couldn't breathe, so he stepped back and let Vegas enter.

"Venice what the fuck did you do!?" Vegas yelled angrily while trying to wake up his son. Venice slowly started to open his eyes and murmured the word dad.

"Macau, let's take him to his bedroom... Pete, take Rain away" Vegas said as he tried to pull up his son from the floor.

"Dad... "

"Shut up, I can't believe that you did something so stupid..." Vegas said annoyed, he couldn't help but think that maybe he gave his son that awful idea.

Vegas and Macau put the guy on the bed, Vegas turned to leave but his brother grabbed his hand, asking him why he didn't want to stay and assist his son.

"I'm too angry right now... talk to him and force him to tell you why he did that, make him vomit if it is necessary. I want him in the dining room with the rest of us in ten minutes. I'll talk with Pete and Rain to calm them down" Vegas said and left.

"What happened Khun Vegas?" Rain asked preoccupied.

"Nothing, nothing to worry about. Maybe the smell of the hospital and the lack of sleep made him feel dizzy and he fell. He will eat with us so it is nothing serious..." Vegas said.

"Nong? Why did you do that? Why did you drink that much? You know that you shouldn't drink if you haven't eaten anything" Macau said softly.

"I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... I couldn't stop.. I couldn't stop hearing that voice... "

"Voice?" Macau asked confused.

"Yes... it kept repeating that it was my fault... that my hands were covered in Rain's blood because of what happened to him..." Payu said on the verge of tears.

"Don't be silly, Venice, nobody things that. Everybody knows how much you care about Rain" Macau replied.

"But what I did was selfish! I should be worried about Rain, I should only think about him... but I didn't... the only thing that I wanted was for that voice to shut up! Why am I like this?" Venice buried his face in his uncle's chest and cried.

Macau didn't say anything, he went through that rollercoaster of emotions when he was young, he just patted his back and let his nephew cry until he felt better.

"Vegas, would you come with me for a moment?" Pete said glaring at his partner. Vegas nodded and followed him to another room.

"Why are you acting like this? I know you, you would have been incredibly worried if something happened to our son but you look just... too harsh" Pete asked.

"nothing serious happened..."

"Your son was unconscious on the floor, isn't it serious enough?! Vegas, you know that I can easily tell when you're hiding the truth... tell me... I deserve to know" Pete continued.

"Fine... Venice came to me, saying that he was feeling guilty for what happened to his boyfriend. He asked me if I found a way to move on, if I felt as bad as him after I tortured you..." Vegas started.

"And you were so harsh to him because he felt bad?"

"Obviously not. I told him about that accident with the glass several years ago... and said that I... that I used that opportunity to see if you were going to worry about me or not..." Vegas said, fearing that his husband was going to get mad at him since he didn't knew all the details.

"It has been long time ago and I actually suspected that you could do something so dumb. Let me guess, you fear that Venice did that on purpose?"

"Yes..."

"Vegas, we have raised a good person, he's better than both of us, if he did that, it was for another reason, surely not just because he's seeking attention." Pete replied.

Vegas sighed and facepalmed, then he sat down and sighed again, the fear of being the cause of Venice's accident only made him angrier, that's why he acted like that and Pete knew it very well.

"He's with Macau, I'll see if he needs help..."