Chapter 39

"Khun Vegas, Khun Arm is here to deliver a message" the maid said while the whole minor family was having breakfast in the garden. Vegas looked at her confused, he didn't understand why the major family sent a bodyguard to deliver a message rather than just use a phone.

"Alright, let him enter then..." Vegas said, then he turned to Rain and said with a barely noticeable softer tone: "Stay calm, ok?".

Pete was actually surprised to see Vegas talking to him like that, however he was too curious about the reason of Arm's visit to investigate further to understand why Vegas changed like that.

Arm arrived in the garden, he adjusted his jacket and cleared his throat after he saw Vegas's intimidating expression. He looked around for a second and then he started:

"Khun Kim Theerapanyakul wants to see the whole family in an hour. He wants to settle the question of the heir of the family once and for all"

"You can tell Kim that there is nothing to settle" Vegas replied irritated after standing up.

"I'm just here to deliver a message, however it would be better if you go..." Arm replied.

"Tell Kim that we will come, you may go now, Arm" Pete said calmly. The bodyguard left and they all remained silent for the rest of the meal.

"What did you do?!" Kinn said angrily after his brother told him about his decision.

"You should be happy, everyone will just say that both Pai and Venice are still too young and we won't have to deal with them for a long time..." Kim replied calmly.

"That isn't the problem!"

"Then why are you so worried?" Kim asked confused.

"Can't you realize it? Vegas is an ambitious bastard, he will immediately pull out the topic regarding the bloodline. Venice is actually related to the family somehow, Pai isn't. I don't know how he will react when they will use that against him." Kinn responded.

"Don't you think that you've protected him for too long?"

"No! Because that is what a father does, he protects his children. Pol, listen, don't let Vegas enter, clear?" Kinn ordered, the poor bodyguard gulped, knowing that it could even be the last order he was going to receive since Vegas would probably kill him for that.

"I don't think it is a good idea, P Pai... reconsider it, please... you have a wonderful relationship with your cousin, are you sure that you want to ruin it just to... prove something?" Sky said, sitting on the bed in Prapai's bedroom.

"Don't you understand? I must do it! How am I supposed to protect the people I love the most if I don't know how everything works? To be honest... Payu doesn't even care, he already has a good career as architect, why would he continue the family business? It will be a win-win situation for both of us" Prapai replied.

"Do what you want, you won't change my mind... I'll wait outside" Sky said as he left the bedroom and went down to the large hall at the ground floor.

Soon, Sky noticed the minor family walking to the meeting room. Pol let everyone enter, even Rain who was with Payu and thought that he could use that opportunity to meet with the major family and fix the mess he did with them. Pol then closed the door right in front of Vegas, murmuring that he wasn't allowed to enter.

"Pol, you have exactly three seconds to open this door or I will kill you on spot!" Vegas said with a low voice.

"I'm sorry sir but... I just can't" Pol replied.

"Kim? What does this mean? We aren't going to attend this meeting if my husband isn't here!" Pete said firmly as he stood in front of Payu, Rain and Macau, instinctively shielding them.

Kinn glared at Kim but the youngest son of the major family decided to go to the door and open the door. Vegas entered and sat down silently waiting for the meeting to begin. Everyone took a seat and waited for Kim to expose the situation.

"I've invited you all to settle the problem regarding the next heir to the position I currently have as head of the major family and consequently Porsche's title of head of the minor family. Prapai, explain yourself" Kim said, already regretting the idea.

"We all hope that you will both have a long and happy life, however, we have to consider what will happen if you aren't able to continue to run the family. Venice has already a bright career in front of himself.." Prapai started.

Pete thought about what to say, he was sure that his husband wasn't going to give up on Venice's rights and so he decided to go for a soft strategy that could make everyone happy:

"Nong Pai, your offer will unite the two families again, however I suppose that this isn't the right moment to do so... you may become the new head of the major family while Venice will be the same for the minor one"

"This is ridiculous..." Vegas whispered.

"We would like to hear your opinion too, Vegas" Kim said. Vegas stood up and repeated his last sentence, then he continued:

"twenty-three years ago, I swore to your father that I resigned from the position of heir of the minor family. I, Vegas Kornwit Theerapanyakul Saengtham, renew that oath. This means that my son, Venice Theerapanyakul Saengtham, doesn't have any right to be the new head of the major nor minor family. I have nothing else to say..." 

A.N. Pay attention to the family name... and you will understand how much Vegas loves Pete