Chapter 6

The professor closed the book on the desk and moved to the exit. All the students prepared their bags to leave the classroom while Sky was still checking the blackboard to make sure that he had noted everything. He looked at his friend and sighed as he noticed that Rain was just staring at the window with his chin resting on his hand.

Sky sighed and shut his notebook loudly to force his friend to snap back to reality and turn to him. Sky walked to Rain's desk and sat on the corner of it, he glared at him and said:

"Don't you dare asking for my notes just because you were too busy daydreaming about your prince, clear?"

Rain smirked and raised his notebook in front of Sky's face. The latter was so shocked he couldn't believe his own eyes, he grabbed it and observed it carefully, then he looked back at Rain and said with a surprised tone:

"You... you really paid attention to the teacher? You're clearly an alien, where did you hide my friend? What kind of cruel experiments are you doing on his miserable skinny body!?"

"Hey! I'm not skinny! My body is already perfect!" Rain replied.

"Fine Mr. Sexy 2022. So, why were you staring at the window? Was a bird mean to you?" Sky asked chuckling.

"No... I've accidentally broken my light pad again and I need money to buy a new one or at least repair it, the problem is that I don't have anything left and if I ask my parents they will probably hang me on the front porch of our house" Rain said while running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, if that's the problem I may have the perfect solution"

"Thank you! You're such a good friend Sky! I will give you the money back in two weeks, I swear!" Rain exclaimed.

"Wait wait wait. I wasn't talking about lending you some money, I barely have enough for food and no, I won't skip meals just to give you some money that I will never see again" Sky replied.

"Then what will you do?" Rain asked with a pinch of disappointment in his voice.

"A friend of mine told me that there is a new hotel in the city center and that they are hiring extra waiters for the inauguration since it should be a great event. I planned to go there for an interview after today's classes are over but I guess you can come too." Sky explained.

"Well, I guess I could do that, right?"

"They probably will never hire you since you're the clumsiest person I've ever seen in my life but I guess that you can try, the worst thing they could do is laughing" Sky responded with a smirk.

After several hours they finally made it to the hotel. As they opened the door of the reception they saw a lot of people going up and down, fixing ornaments, cleaning windows and choosing musical pieces to entertain the guests. Sky walked to the reception desk and told the receptionist that they came for the interview.

The young girl smiled and nodded, then she walked to a man who was controlling that everything was going as planned. Sky and Rain observed the man carefully, he had a black suit and he wore glasses, he was probably in his late 30's but he looked pretty well built.

"That is probably the director. Rain, I beg you, you know that I like you but don't do anything stupid, I want this job even if it is just for one night" Sky whispered before bowing in front of the man.

"You're here for the interview, right? Alright, follow me" he said to the two students, he walked for a few meters and opened a door that led to a small office.

"So, we already have qualified waiters for the event, the rumors spread very quickly and it wasn't difficult to look for adequate workers. However we need a few more people to stay here to help with the cleaning and help around. Are you still interested?"

"Yeah sure!" both guys exclaimed.

"Good, that's the spirit. Now, I just have a few questions for you since the security will be on high alert the whole time. What can you tell me about your criminal records? Drugs? Gambling?"

Sky immediately said that he didn't do anything wrong, while Rain hesitated for a moment. The director didn't like it, he walked to him and leant closer to Rain.

"If there is anything, I want to know it now..." he said with a serious and intimidating tone.

"It was just a stupid mistake. I was at a supermarket and as I was leaving the alarm started ringing... the guard outside took me to the police station but it eventually turned out that the cashier forgot to remove a sticker from a jacket I bought a few days before..." Rain confessed.

The man facepalmed and then chuckled a little, eventually he told them that they got the job and that they only had to come on Saturday at 3pm to get ready for work.

As they left, a tall man entered the office and smacked the shoulder of the director, he leant closer to him and asked him why he hired those guys.

"I could tell you that it is just because we need workers... but to be honest, they just look like us, one is dumb and the other one tries to help him"

"Wait, did you just call me dumb?"

"Nah, we switch sometimes"