Chapter 18

Payu walked back upstairs, he slowly opened the door and found Rain standing near the mirror trying to adjust his clothes. Rain turned immediately at the sound of the door opening and smiled at Payu, he rushed to him and put his arms around the architect's neck.

Payu kissed his forehead and asked: "Do you have any allergy?". Rain shook his head, then he thought about that question for a moment and asked him why he asked for something like that out of the blue.

"Dad planned a dinner for the whole family and obviously you're invited too. Normally I wouldn't put pressure on you but this time it is different, trust me, it is better to accept his invitation rather than declining" Payu responded.

"Well... I... I guess that it can't be that terrible, right? I mean... the whole family would be just you and your dads, right?" Rain asked.

"No. It includes my father's brother plus my three uncles from the major family and their partners. So yeah, it will be quite a few people. But hey, I will be with you all the time and I will make sure that nothing bad happens..."

"bad? It's just a family dinner... how bad could it be? Maybe it will be a little snobbish since your parents are so wealthy, considering this huge house, but nothing more than that, right?" Rain said.

"Well... yeah, nothing to worry about" Payu added.

Payu left Rain for a few minutes just to inform Vegas that he could buy whatever he wished, then he came back to Rain and chatted with him for a while, not just because he wanted to spend time with his boyfriend, but also because he wanted to avoid all the annoying questions his uncles were surely going to pose if he was alone.

In more or less an hour, everything was ready. It wasn't exactly an elegant dinner but it wasn't that casual either. Payu and Rain were the last couple to enter the dining room, everyone else was already standing behind their seats, waiting for them to arrive.

Rain looked around as he entered the room, there was a soft music to make a better ambience, the large table was full of all kinds of dishes, most of them were foreign recipes since Venice, just like his father Vegas, wasn't fond of local food (no matter how hard Pete tried to introduce his son to Thai cuisine, Venice's stomach tended to rebel to most of the dishes offered by his loving dad).

Venice cleared his throat before introducing Rain to the guests.

"This is Rain, he's a student of the faculty of architecture and... my boyfriend. Rain, you already know my parents Vegas and Pete, let me introduce the rest of the family. This is Tankhun, the eldest brother of the major family, doctor Top, Kinn, the second brother, Porsche, head of the minor family, Kim, the youngest one, Porchay and Macau, Vegas's brother"

Everyone smiled at the boy and Rain bowed in return, then they sat down. Rain looked around confused, he leant closer to Venice's ear and asked:

"You said that your uncles were coming with their partners, where are they?"

"In front of you"

"What?" Rain said a little too loud, making everyone turn to him.

"Something wrong, nong Rain?" Kinn asked.

"N... nothing Khun Kinn. What do you mean that their partners are all here" Rain asked Payu again.

"Alright alright... the doctor is Tankhun's boyfriend, Porsche, who was the chief bodyguard, is now Kinn's husband, same goes for Porchay, his brother, who is married to Kim. Did I miss someone?" Venice explained.

"Yes, me, because I'm alone as fu-" Macau said before drinking a glass of white wine.

"I... I see." Rain replied and started eating.

After a while, Rain noticed that everyone was chatting to their partners while giving some rapid looks at him. The only one who wasn't talking was Pete, who constantly glared at Rain.

"Ummm... how did you meet your husband, khun Pete?" Rain asked.

After hearing those words, Kinn and Porsche looked at each other and smirked for a moment, wondering how the former chief of Tankhun's guards was going to reply without making the poor boy freak out.

"Nothing special. I worked as chief bodyguard for Tankhun, since they are cousin I met Vegas several times. I had to ... work... with him for a certain period and we eventually understood that we were meant for each other" Pete replied.

"And... who's Venice's real dad?" Rain asked naively. All the people around that table stopped eating and talking. It felt like a cold wind entered the room too. Vegas even looked at Pete for a moment, knowing that it was a sensitive topic.

"Rain, I don't think that you should..." Venice started but Pete soon interrupted him.

"Venice's biological dad isn't at this table, nor you will ever see him, just like his mother. However, I would highly appreciate if you refer to those people as biological parents rather than real parents... Vegas and I are real enough, don't you agree?" Pete replied calmly, even though his tone didn't hide the fact that he hated that question and that he wasn't going to forget it soon.

"I'm sorry Khun Pete, I didn't mean to offend you..." Rain said.

Kinn wasn't exactly the person who would change the topic when he sees that someone was feeling uncomfortable, especially if that person was his cousin Vegas. However he felt that this time both Pete and Vegas felt quite hurt by that and tried to find a way to fix it.

"Venice, are you free tomorrow? There are a few projects I would like to discuss with you" Kinn said.

"Sure, I'll come tomorrow morning, we could talk about them after breakfast" Venice replied. Rain felt like it was his time to show that he could have a conversation without mess it, so he tried again:

"What is your job, khun Kinn?" Rain asked.

"Casinos, hotels, cars... our family is pretty influential" Chay responded before the others could say something too direct.

"Rain, no more questions, ok?" Venice whispered in his ear.

"Why not!? It has been a while since we have thrown a body into the river. I wouldn't mind doing it again!" Tankhun shouted.

Chay facepalmed as he saw that Rain became pale because of fear. Kim, who wasn't satisfied with that mess, decided to proceed with the last blow:

"Calm down, Rain, you will enjoy all the benefits of being a member of the Theerapanyakul family... as long as you don't give us a goodreason to get rid of you" then he drank a glass of wine smirking