Chapter 14

"Alright... just be careful for a few weeks and your nose will be as good as new. Come on, Venice, don't do that sad face to your uncle, you know you can trust me, I swear that nobody will notice it after it heals completely" Top explained to his nephew with a bright smile.

"Thank you... I'll be as careful as possible"

"Will you avoid that boy?" Top asked jokingly, his nephew shook his head so he added: "Well, I guess that you're a little too reckless then, I've seen him just for a few seconds and I'm pretty sure that your friend is a loose cannon. I guess that you should try to shield your face next time."

Venice chuckled at that joke. Saying that he wasn't concerned about his appearance would be a lie, the trauma was still vivid in his mind, however he was managing to get over it after he started working as an architect.

The doctor left soon after that, he immediately found Pete near the door of Venice's room and told him that there was nothing to worry about and that his son was no longer in pain. Pete sighed in relief and thanked him several times, then he walked with him until the doctor was out of the mansion.

The change in Pete's expression right after he closed the door was almost comical, the relieved face was replaced by pure rage. He rushed to the garden, he saw Chay and Rain sitting on a bench. He didn't immediately try to reach them, actually he observed the boy from afar. It was clear that Rain didn't want to hurt his son, Pete realized that quickly, however he thought that he was meant to punish him anyway since he dared to hurt his baby, no matter how unintentional that accident was.

Chay spotted Pete and tried to warn Rain, however Pete was so rapid in his movements that he managed to stand in front of Rain right before the poor boy could even turn to see where the threat was.

"Stand up and follow me, no question" Pete said with an authoritarian voice. Rain stood up and followed him silently for a few meters, then his mouth stuttered a few words.

"I'm sorry..."

"You better be" Pete replied.

Porchay eventually decided to follow them as well. Pete stopped in the living room, Vegas was on an armchair and he was looking at his son who was sitting on the sofa in front of him.

"Nah, I thought it was way worse than that..." Vegas remarked.

"Dad, I know that you care but please, stop staring at it like that, it makes me quite uncomfortable, oh... look who's here, it looks like papa didn't chopped Rain's head..." Payu said.

"...yet" Pete added.

"P' Payu, I'm really sorry, I thought that he was cheating on you and I didn't want you to get hurt!" Rain shouted.

"Quite ironic..." Vegas murmured.

"Rain, calm down ok? My dads believe you, right?" Payu asked and got different reactions: Vegas nodded immediately while Pete looked away. Payu looked at his father with puppy eyes, trying to convince him, he didn't realize that it was only making it worse, since Pete couldn't stop staring at those bandages on his son's face and wondering how painful it could be.

"Fine fine, I believe him, this doesn't mean that I forgive him though, he should have been more considerate, you can't just walk around and punch the first person that crosses your path." Pete replied.

"Papa, please... forgive him, he's sorry" Venice added.

"No, there is nothing you can say that will change my mind, Venice, stop trying" Pete responded.

"Alright, I didn't want to use this but I guess it is time. Dad, I want you to forgive Rain because I love him." Venice said with the calmest and softest voice ever.

Pete was still processing those words when a loud noise was heard, something heavy falling onto the floor.

"Fantastic, you made him faint... well, at least it is better than when I used a car battery on Pete's b-"

"You did what!?" Porchay yelled at Vegas.

"Among all the guys in the country you really had to choose...this one!? Holy god what did I do wrong to deserve such a miserable fate?" Pete said as he sat down.

"You should be happy, honey, Rain hurt our son by mistake, I tortured you on purpose" Vegas replied.

"I don't understand why I get surprised after all these years..." Chay remarked.