Chapter 20

Macau was chilling in the library of the mansion, knowing that nobody was going to disturb him there. He heard that much noise and he waited for that mess to settle before going to check himself. He went upstairs slowly and eventually reached the sitting room. He entered and heard someone sobbing, he soon realized that it was Pete and for a moment he thought that Vegas unsurprisingly did something wrong again.

"Pete? Is everything alright?" Macau asked as he knocked on the open door of the bedroom. Pete didn't reply, only Vegas murmured the word "enter" before looking back at Pete and continuing to hug him and pat his back.

"What happened? Vegas?"

"Don't blame me, I didn't do anything this time! That Rain... he said that Pete shouldn't be so controlling over Venice since he isn't even his son... I can't believe that I let him breathe..." Vegas replied.

"Yeah, I guessed that it wasn't you since you're comforting him instead of lying in a pool of your own blood. Why did that boy say something like that though, he seemed quite clumsy and naïve but I would have never guessed that he could be cruel too" Macau added.

Vegas didn't say anything, he was too focused on Pete to think about something like that. Pete managed to calm down after a few more minutes and said:

"I... I know that he didn't really mean that... or maybe I just hope so... will I have to pretend that nothing happened so that Venice won't feel forced to break up with him?" but then he started crying again.

"Don't be silly, Venice would never date someone who dared to speak to you like that..." Vegas said.

Macau was still in their room when Venice came back after taking Rain home. He quickly climbed up the stairs and rushed to his parents' bedroom, he looked for Pete and immediately hugged him as tight as he could.

"Pa... I'm so sorry... I should have never let that happen..."

Pete looked at his son and tried to force a smile, he patted his head and told him:

"Venice... it's alright... I... I'm sure that Rain didn't mean it... he was angry and he still doesn't know how to handle such strong emotions..."

"It doesn't matter, he should have never said something like that, he sobbed in the car on the way home but he will have to do much more than that to deserve my forgiveness. I swear Pa, I won't forgive him easily and I won't see him again as long as you won't feel like you can move on" Venice replied.

The poor boy thought that it was the right thing to say, he didn't imagine that it only made Pete feel even worse since he was now fully aware that his son's happiness depended on him.

In the meanwhile Macau went back to his room, he took his phone and called Chay to tell him the whole story. In just fifteen minutes the whole major family knew about that fight.

Rain cried for long too but after he managed to get himself together he called Sky to inform him, the first thing Sky told him though was:

"Where the hell have you been the whole day? I was scared to death!"

"Sky... I messed up so bad this time..."

"You always do it so I guess that it will take a huge effort to surprise me"

"I said to one of Payu's dad that Payu isn't his son and so he shouldn't act like he has control on him" Rain replied through the tears.

"Wait wait wait... so you said to a man..."

"Yeah.."

"Who is married to another man right?"

"Yes..."

"That Payu isn't his son?"

"Exactly"

"Ok, pretend I didn't say anything, you messed up worse than usual.." Sky responded.