Chapter 60

The plane finally landed, at first Venice wanted to act all romantic, so, since his lover was still sleeping, he leant closer to his ear and whispered softly to wake him up. However, there was no way to wake up Rain like that. Venice raised his tone a little bit but he got nothing. He eventually shook him a little bit and finally the sleeping beauty was awake. Rain smiled at him and slowly stood up while Venice was busy taking a suitcase out of the rack above their heads.

They called for a taxi and then got on a boat to reach the hotel. On their way through the gentle waves of the lagoon, Rain pointed at several monuments and palaces, trying to show off the news he heard about those places. Payu obviously paid attention and sometimes he even posed questions to look even more interested. Rain was actually quite surprised to see his lover so interested in what he was saying.

We have to remark that Venice was slightly interested by all that knowledge regarding the city, he was quite happy that Rain actually put some effort to learn so many things. However, he wasn't very interested in the city at that moment. Venice surely wanted to visit the monuments, churches and palaces, but since the first day was quite fatiguing after such a long flight, he thought that he could use their free time differently.

Finally they reached the hotel. It was one of the oldest in the city and Rain was amazed by the luxury and details of the place. Venice walked to the reception desk to check in while Rain was busy admiring the reception hall. As he took the key, he grabbed Rain's hand and walked upstairs. He didn't notice it, but the receptionist hardly hid his smile at the sight of two young men so happy together.

"Why did you bring the suitcases yourself, I heard that guy, he said that he was going to get someone for that" Rain remarked.

"That's true, but I didn't want anyone to come to our room and interrupt us" Venice responded, smirking at him and pushing him onto the soft blankets of the large bed. Rain smirked back and pulled him closer, kissing a few times and almost biting Venice's lips, stopping before it could leave a mark, fearing that Venice could get a little embarrassed at dinner with other people around.

Payu surely left some marks, but he carefully made them in parts of Rain's body that could be seen only by him. They desired each other so much that they didn't even want to waste time going downstairs for dinner that day. They asked for room service and hid in the large bathroom when they heard the waiter arriving with the tray.

"You could have let me greet him at least, I'm sure he wanted some money for the service" Venice commented as he took a piece of bread. Rain pouted and frowned, he turned to him and stayed silent. Venice then asked why he was acting like that and Rain eventually replied:

"Have you seen those guys? They are all young and polite... I don't want them around you, not on our honey moon"

"Don't tell me that you don't trust you. Did I do anything to upset you? I've never cheated on you... and surely I didn't tortured you with a car battery..." Venice obviously just murmured the last part of the sentence, knowing that Rain's curious nature would have asked much more questions regarding that matter, considering that it was also somewhat of a recurring joke in the family.

"That's not what I meant. I just... don't want others to fantasize about you..." Rain concluded.

"Is that the problem? Then what are you going to do when I will swim in the pool?" Venice said with his usual teasing tone. The image of Payu swimming through the water, using the strength of his broad shoulders to move forward, getting out of the pool moving his long hair to the side to leave his face uncovered. That was enough to make Rain blush.

Venice sent some photos to his cousin and his family every now and then. Those photos caused a lot of mixed feelings. For example: Pete smiled cutely every time he got a photo of his child hugging his lover and he thought about which places he managed to see with Vegas and which were unknown to him.

Vegas, on the other hand, imagined how sore his poor son in law was after all the... "bed workout" as he used to call it in front of Pete to tease him.

A few years later...

The graduation ceremony was over and all the students of the faculty of architecture were standing near the entrance of the building. Some were hugging their families, some others were busy taking photos with friends.

Payu and Prapai were a little distant from the crowd, they gave each other a rapid look and nodded, they found where Sky and Rain were standing and started walking in their direction. The young architects smiled brightly as they saw their boyfriends and were about to hug them too. However, Payu and Pai made a step back when the two students tried to come closer to them.

"What are you doing, you two?" Sky asked a little annoyed. Then Payu and Pai knelt down, with a little box in their hands.

"Rain, will you marry me?"

"Sky, will you marry me?"

Sky had always imagined that his boyfriend would have done something like that and he even thought about all the possible answers he could give. Sometimes he even thought about something a little harsh like: "I'll stay with you for the rest of my life, but you forgot that gay marriage isn't legal yet, you idiot!". No matter that, the only thing Sky managed to do at that moment, was cover his mouth with his hands, eyes wide open, nodding several times until Pai stood up to hug him tight.

That day was a really difficult one for Rain, he didn't want to mess up the ceremony of his graduation, he barely slept the night before and he didn't eat anything since he felt full because of the anxiety caused by the event. Rain looked at Payu, in front of him with a ring in his hands, then he just fainted in Payu's arms. Venice almost dropped the ring just to grab his lover in time.

Some time after the event, Pai even joked with his cousin, usually teasing him with "He preferred to faint rather than say yes". Payu always laughed at that joke and often responded "Even Sky didn't pronounce that word after all..."

The End.  

A.N. If you liked this story and you want to see what is going to happen to Payu and Rain, check out the sequel Tempest 2: Thunder