Chapter 56

Prapai arrived as soon as possible at the address provided by his cousin. He got off the motorbike and looked around confused and a little worried, wondering why Venice asked him to come and meet him there. After a while he heard someone whispering his name, he turned and saw Venice leaning on a wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What happened? Are you alright? Why did you want to meet me?" Pai asked.

"Pai, you know that I trust you... I feel like there is no turning back with Rain now, it's time... do you understand what I mean?" Venice replied with a pretty neutral tone.

"I'm not a fucking fortune teller, tell me what happened. Did he cheat on you? That bastard! After what you did for him, he dared to do so, right!? I'll kill him!" Pai shouted.

"What? No! His birthday is in a few days and I wanted to buy a nice present to ask him to become my fiancé! What's wrong with you!"

"Are you serious? You ask me to come to a place where we rarely go, you wait for me in a dark corner like a hitman and then you get surprised if I think that you want to punish your boyfriend? Don't you remember how we deal with things in our family?" Pai responded.

"Ok, fine... I admit that I phrase it like that on purpose, you should have seen your face. Anyway, I must choose a nice ring, do you think you can help me or you're still too busy convincing your boyfriend that you don't cheat on him?" Payu added.

"It won't be much easier since I left the house in such a hurry... but ok, I'll help you..." Pai said sighing and followed his cousin inside the jewelry store.

A few days later, both Pai and Payu went to the university, waiting for Sky and Rain to walk out of the exit after the lessons were over. They waited five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes... Payu became impatient and sent a message to Rain, asking him where he was. Rain replied immediately after that:

"I went back home more than an hour ago, the professor was sick so she canceled the last lecture of the day, why?"

Payu facepalmed and quickly thought about another plan, he called Rain and as he picked up he said:

"Hi love, would you like to go out in the evening? I know a really nice restaurant and..."

"Yeah sure, but please, don't take me to one of those fancy restaurants were I can't even read the menu... I always feel like the waiter makes fun of me" Rain replied.

"Alright, I'll take you at 8 pm, see you later" Payu added and hung up.

Pai went back to Sky while Payu went home to get ready. He prepared everything he needed, then he walked to the closet and started picking up the clothes for the night: leather shoes, long black trousers and a loose shirt made out of white silk, a little opened on the front. He picked two jackets and put them in the back of the car with a few boxes.

Rain went downstairs, he reached the gate of his house and finally spotted the lights of Payu's car.