Chapter 8

"How am I supposed to remember all these weird names? I'm seriously sick of all these snob rich people who only like foreign food!" Rain complained while trying to memorize the name of the dishes on the menu. Sky shook his head and filled the glasses on a tray with champagne.

"Listen, put a menu in your pocket and stop whining, you need the money, don't you remember that?" Sky said before leaving the kitchen with the silver tray in his right hand. He walked through the tables of the restaurant and eventually reached the reception.

He looked around and noticed that most of the guests were already there, somebody even picked a glass to drink while waiting. The photographers and journalists were chatting near the entrance, it looked like they were waiting for someone in particular, even though some important people were already there.

Suddenly a few cars stopped by the entrance of the building, the photographers rushed outside and prepared their cameras to take some good photos for their newspaper. Sky gave a look at the people entering the hotel but he couldn't recognize them.

Kinn and Porsche entered first, they stopped a few times to greet some close friends and important invitees. They were followed by Porchay and Kim, who unexpectedly didn't look like he was ready to kill the first annoying person in sight. Tankhun stayed with the journalists for a long time, enjoying the attention he was receiving, while Top didn't care that much.

Vegas and Pete arrived soon after them, Vegas waved a little at the few people he recognized among the crowd while Pete smiled brightly while holding his husband's hand firmly. The last people to enter were Macau, who acted similar to his older brother, and Venice.

Sky observed them carefully and eventually realized that there was a familiar face among those people, it was Payu.

"Why does he keep doing that?" the young student murmured to himself, referring to Payu's strange behavior. For some reason the architect kept moving his invitation close to his cheek. For a moment Sky thought that he wanted to avoid the cameras but he quickly rejected that idea.

Pete and Vegas were on the first few steps of the stairs when Venice patted his dad's shoulder. Pete turned to him and stepped closer to his son, Venice leant closer to his ear and whispered:

"I'll join you later at the auction, I would like to check the kitchen and see if everything is ready"

"I'm sure your uncle will appreciate that, Venice. Alright, see you later then" Pete replied before going upstairs. Vegas noticed that Pete wasn't following him and stopped immediately, after he realized that he was done talking with his son, he gave Pete his hand to continue together.

Sky controlled Payu's movements, he already imagined all the possible disasters that could happen if he met Rain without proper preparation. As he noticed that he was walking to the restaurant hall, Sky tried to rush there to rescue his friends, however the invitees kept stopping him asking for more champagne to drink.

Payu walked to a table, he looked around and picked the menu, he read it while standing.

"Sky, I'm glad to see you here" the architect said without moving his eyes from the sheet. Sky gulped and turned to him, then he bowed and moved the tray in front of him

"Would you like a glass of champagne, sir?" Sky said pulling out his most serious tone.

"No, thank you." Payu said and sat down.

Sky nodded and literally ran to the kitchen. Rain looked up at him confused as he noticed that his friend was panting.

"Are you alright?" Rain asked.

"No, Payu is here!" Sky responded.

"What? Why the hell is he here?"

"Why should I even know that!? I didn't ask for the list of guests dumbass! He's an architect, maybe he helped with the construction"

"Yeah... well, there is no reason to panic, I guess that it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid him, he's just one person and the place is pretty crowded, right?" Rain remarked.

"Good evening chef, I would like to know when dinner will be served." Payu asked after he walked inside the kitchen.