41. the end of the war

Elina's head was resting on Ron's shoulders, doing circles on her back with his hand to calm her down, and Hermoine hugging her side. Elina was trying to prevent more tears from falling. Suddenly loud marching sound came from outside, and the students inside went to check out. The trio standed up confused, and pushed through the crowd, Elina walking ahead. She stood beside Neville and saw Voldemort approach with his army, and Hagrid carrying someone on his hands.

"Who's that Hagrid is carrying?" Elina asked Neville, who avoided her eyes. " Neville who is it?" Elina asked fearing the answer in her head.

Voldemort stepped forward and raised his hand high, with a grin on his face. "Harry Potter, is dead!" He announced.

Elina's heart dropped. The thing she feared the most had happened. "No..." she mumbled shaking her head denying what she heard. She was about to rush towards Hagrid, when Neville and Ron held her back. "NO!!" She screamed painfully letting out all the pain inside her as she sobbed. She was about to fall when Ron caught her by the shoulders and she leaned back at him crying. Fred and George approached the trio looking at Elina sadly.

Voldemort turned to her and shook his head. "You thought that you could go against your father without consequences" He hissed. "From this day forth, you'll put your faith in me. And now's it's time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us, or die!"

Silence. Neville slowly stepped forward, causing everyone to gasp in shock. "Neville...?" Hermoine called confused and hurt.

"Well, I must say I'd hope for better," Voldemort chuckled. "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbotton" Neville said confidentiality. The Death eaters laughed

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you."

"I'd like to say something." Neville stated.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say."

"It doesn't matter that Harry is gone." Neville started.

"Shut up, Neville!" Fred shouted.

"People die everyday..." he looked at Elina's devastated state "...Friends, family. Yeah, we lost Harry tonight, but he's still with us, in here," he pointed towards his heart, he then turned back to Voldemort."So is Percy, Remus, Tonks, all of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will, because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!" Neville pulled out the sword of Gryffindor out of the Sorting Hat he was holding.

Harry jumped from Hagrid's arms and took his wand and shouted "Confringo!" Elina's face went from devastated to shocked. She breathed as she saw him alive fighting in front of her. She grabbed her wand and rushed to him and kissed him aggressively. They pulled back and breathed heavily.

Some Death Eaters began to run away, and some started fighting, as so did everyone else.
"We have to kill the snake" Harry said looking between the three, as they nodded.

Hermione and Ron took the basilisk fang and raced inside to find the snake. While Harry and Elina went to find Voldemort. Elina was stopped by Bellatrixe who stood in front of her with an evil smirke, as she nodded to Harry to go on without her. " Miss me?" Bellatrix asked raising her wands shooting a spell her way. Elina deflected the spell easily. "Never" Elina spat out angrily. Bellatrixe was the one who tortured her at the Manor for months, she did it again at the Malfoy Manor and stabbed her.

Elina fired a spell back, and Bellatrixe blocked it. "Expelliarmus!" Bellatrixe shouted, and Elina's wand flew into the air falling behind. "Oh, dear, it seems like you haven't gotten any stronger. In fact, you are getting weaker" Bellatrixe mocked. She raised her wand and was about to fire a spell at her, when Hermoine disarmed Bellatrixe and Ginny throw Elina's wand back to her. "Finish her, Elina! She's all yours!" Hermoine called.