xv.

114 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

"ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU HAVE TO RIDE WITH YOUR FATHER?" RHAENYRA ASKS ALAYNE IN A HUSHED VOICE. The party was about to depart to the Kingswood and Rhaenyra was meant to ride with her family while Alayne was going to ride with her own.

"Alayne!"

Both Rhaenyra and Alayne look over to see Borros Baratheon approaching them. Rhaenyra rolls her eyes as she looks up at the sky, "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

"Behave," Alayne mutters as she nudges Rhaenyra. She smiles widely as she greets the heir to Storm's End, "Borros! It's so lovely to see you. It's been far too long."

"Yes," Borros responds with a smile, "I have missed your letters."

"Things have been so hectic here at the castle with Prince Aegon's birth. I've been offering a helping hand to my sister. There hasn't been a moment to slip away," Alayne informs him, and that had been the truth. She'd kept herself occupied with a plethora of people, mostly Rhaenyra and her family.

"I'm glad that the king allowed me to join the hunt. I do hope that I can steal you away for a moment," Borros tells her.

"I would love that," Alayne states with a smile. Borros grins and nods his head. He looks over, noticing Rhaenyra for the first time. He bows before her, but it's too late. Rhaenyra has decided that she hates him, and she always will.

"My Princess," Borros says before taking off toward his horse. Brandon stands there holding the reins to his brother's horse. There was an undecipherable look on his face. Was he jealous? Angry? Why had the Baratheon boy grown harder to read?

"Nyke jorrāelagon bona," she hears Rhaenyra mimic from beside her, "Iksā sīr lēda hen anne qrugh." (I would love that. You are so full of shit.)

"Your mouth is fouler than a King's Landing whore," Alayne responds as she looks at Rhaenyra.

"Which whore? I must visit her," Rhaenyra retorts.

Alayne tilts her head as she looks at Rhaenyra, "Naejot ȳdragon lēda zirȳla? Iā naejot qogralbar zirȳla?" (To speak with her? Or to fuck her?)

Rhaenyra lifts her chin as her eyes dance around Alayne's face, eyes dipping to Alayne's lips momentarily and then back up again, "And if I said the second option?"

"Then I would speak of your honor my beloved Princess," Alayne retorts.

"I care very little for my honor," Rhaenyra responds in a low voice, "Someone told me that a while ago." Rhaenyra says, knowing exactly who told her that, "I wonder what happens when two people who care little for their honor meet?"

"That honor is loss," Alayne answers, as she holds Rhaenyra's gaze, "It is rather unfortunate that you care so little for honor Rhaenyra. And that you would waste it on a whore."

"And who should I waste it on?" Rhaenyra asks.

Alicent walks over with Aegon in her arms and Alayne's eyes dance over to her sister. She's decided that she's had her fun with Rhaenyra, getting her riled up as she looks over at the Princess offering her a smirk before heading over to her sister.

"There is my Prince!"

All of the tension in Rhaenyra's body melts away as Alayne walks away from her. She looks over her shoulder at Alayne and Alicent and sighs. Alayne was quite good at getting her worked up. It was as though she enjoyed it. Leaving the Princess hot and wanting desperately for more.

Rhaenyra knew that there was some silent agreement between the two of them. They could say whatever they wanted, but touching was something entirely different. Rhaenyra had been fine with that, feeling that her emotional connection with Alayne was enough.