xviii.

114 A.C.
STORM'S END
•••

THE MOMENT THAT ALAYNE SET HER EYES ON STORM'S END, SHE FELL IN LOVE. IT HAD BEEN RAINING WHEN THEY ARRIVED, but that didn't take away from the beauty. She stood on the docks of Shipbreaker's Bay with a smile on her lips as a bolt of lightning flashed through the sky.

She had to have it.

They made their way inside the castle, soaking wet and Lord Boremund was there to greet them with Brandon and Borros flanking.

"Princess Rhaenyra," Boremund says as he bows before her, "It's an honor to host you here at Storm's End."

"Thank you so much for your hospitality, my Lord," Rhaenyra says with a smile.

Boremund sets his sights on Alayne, "It's an honor to host you as well, Lady Alayne."

"The honor is all mine, Lord Boremund," Alayne responds as she looks around, "I fear that I have fallen in love with Storm's End already."

Brandon smiles from behind his father, ducking his head as he looked at the ground, while Borros wore a face of pure confusion, his eyes scanning over Alayne's soaked figure, not in a leering way, he wouldn't dare in front of his father.

"But it is raining out," Borros states as he meets Alayne's gaze.

"I quite enjoy the rain," Alayne responds.

"Then you will love here, my Lady," Brandon says, "Storm's End has more rainy days than sunny ones."

Alayne smiles at Brandon's words, "Lord Boremund would it be alright if Ser Brandon gave the Princess and I a tour?"

Borros looks between Alayne and Brandon, observing his brother's smiling face. He then looks over at his father, expecting him to say no, but his father instead lets out a hearty laugh and nods his head.

"Brandon," Lord Boremund states and Brandon steps forward, his eyes dancing between Alayne and Rhaenyra before briefly dancing over at Ser Criston Cole, noticing that he was looking at his brother rather discontented.

"Princess," Brandon says as he looks back at Rhaenyra. He looks over at Alayne, "My Lady. Please follow me."

Brandon leads them through the halls of the castle and Alayne no longer withholds her excitement at seeing Brandon again. Once they're out of sight of the party, Alayne rushes into his arms, embracing him.

Brandon laughs as he hugs her back, "It's wonderful to see you again, Alayne."

"You as well," Alayne says as she takes a step back from him. She looks over at Rhaenyra who is looking elsewhere in the room and Alayne lets out a laugh, "Oh Rhaenyra it's quite alright. Brandon knows."

"You told him?" Rhaenyra asks.

"To be honest, you weren't subtle," Brandon responds, "Quite far from it."

"Well," Rhaenyra begins, but she doesn't know what to say so she settles for a threat, "Say anything and I'll have your head for treason."

Alayne chuckles, "Do not worry, he is sworn to secrecy."

"I am," Brandon responds, "Your relationship shall remain as it is should Alayne choose to marry me."

"She's already chosen to marry you," Rhaenyra says as she looks at Alayne, "Because I have instructed it."

"Yes," Alayne says as she looks at Brandon, "It has been instructed by my beloved Princess and I obey her every order."

"That is a lie," Rhaenyra says with a smile. Alayne looks over at Rhaenyra with a grin.