lxiii.

134 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

"LUKE!" DURRAN EXCLAIMED AS HE RUSHED OVER TO THE YOUNGER BOY, THROWING AN ARM AROUND HIM. LUCERYS, WHO HAD NOT SMILED SINCE Arrax's death couldn't help the way his lips turned up at the sight of Durran.

"It's good to see you again," Lucerys responds as he hugs Durran, receiving several pats on the back from Durran.

"I am here as well," Elissa states as she watches the reunion with a small smile.

Durran looks at his sister, "Hello Elissa."

Elissa rolls her eyes, "Hello Durran."

"If a hug is what you want, a hug is what you shall receive!" Durran says as he releases Luke and picks his sister up, spinning her around. Elissa squeals loudly and begins to hit Durran on the back.

"Put me down this instant!" Elissa orders through her laughter.

Durran chuckles as he sets her down. Elissa fixes her hair, feigning annoyance as she fights off a smile.

"Wow, you almost look like a woman," Durran tells her, "You look mostly like an ass though."

Elissa shakes her head, "Ever the jester. This is why you are going to die alone."

"And who are you dying with?' Durran asks.

"Lord Cregan Stark," Lucerys states with a grin.

"Luke!" Elissa exclaims hitting him on the shoulder.

Durran's jaw drops and he wraps an arm around Luke's shoulder, "My Prince, you must tell me more."

"There is nothing to tell!" Elissa states, "Cregan was very kind and hospitable."

"Cregan?" Durran asks, "No formality at all! Are you still a maiden?"

Elissa's face sours at the question, "That is none of your business!"

Durran chuckles and pats Luke's shoulder, "When we're alone brother you must tell me everything of this Lord Stark. I want to know if he's a good match for my sister."

"Shut up Durran," Elissa says rolling her eyes. The siblings had been apart for a year and yet it had been so easy to fall back into things.

"Durran."

He looks up to see Nettles approaching and Durran removes his arm from Luke's shoulder and straightens his posture. Elissa notices and her brows furrow at her brother's weird behavior as she looks from her brother to the girl approaching.

"Nettles," Durran says.

"Prince Daemon wants to speak with us about the potential siege on Oldtown," she informs him.

"I'll be right there," Durran responds, and Elissa was certain that he was deepening his voice.

Nettles nods and turns to walk off, but Elissa blocks her path, holding out her hand, "Elissa Baratheon, a pleasure to meet you."

"Nettles," she responds as she places her hand in Elissa's.

"You claimed Sheepstealer?" Elissa asks, keeping Nettles's hand in her grasp. An action that earns a strange look from Lucerys. Especially when Nettles doesn't actively try to move her hand from Elissa's grasp.

"I did," Nettles responds, "Queen Rhaenyra is offering me lands and a castle on Driftmark."

"A small one," Durran coughs.

"A castle is still a castle," Nettles responds as she looks at Durran, "Come to think of it, where will you reside?"

Durran frowns, "What?"