l.

133 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

KING VISERYS DEMANDED A DINNER WITH ALL THE MEMBERS OF HIS FAMILY. THAT INVITATION EXTENDED TO ALAYNE AND BRANDON and their children who Viserys had seen as his own grandchildren in the years that they had lived in King's Landing.

Cassana and Jace introduced the King to their son, Laenor, and Viserys was excited to meet his great-grandchild. He'd also met Aegon and Viserys and for the first time in a long time, a sense of calm came over him because it seemed that the future of the House of the Dragon was secure. Rhaenyra had done her duty and now the Targaryen line would continue through her, her son, and his son after him.

Prior to the dinner, Alayne decided to pay a visit to her older sister. She wanted to see where Alicent's head was at. If they could officially put an end to all of this nonsense and get her sister to support Rhaenyra's claim once and for all.

"Sister," Alayne greets and Alicent looks over, dismissing her servants.

"Alayne," Alicent states, "Congratulations on your grandson. I suppose it makes sense that Rhaenyra cuckolded Laenor and Cassana did the same."

Alayne's brows furrow, "What are you talking about?"

"Did Cassana not tell you? She and Aemond lay together," Alicent speaks. Alayne was unaware that had happened, but she doesn't let it show on her face that she was surprised by the information.

"The child is not Aemond's," Alayne states, "Cassana wouldn't be foolish enough to carry another man's child to term. And if you want to talk about cuckolding, how about the fact that your daughter has cuckolded your son. Congratulations on your grandchild."

Alicent frowns, "Our grandchild. Your son is at fault for this!"

"No," Alayne says shaking her head, "We are at fault for this! Alicent tell me you do not see how we have ruined our children's lives?"

"We?" Alicent asks.

"Yes!" Alayne states as she motions between herself and Alicent, "We! You and I! Aegon was in love with Baela, his heart beat for the girl! We all knew it and yet you forced him and Helaena to marry, in doing so you destroyed your children."

"What was I to do? Allow him to marry the child of the enemy?"

"Allow him to marry the woman he loved!" Alayne shouts. Alicent stares at Alayne with hardened eyes and Alayne sighs, "I am not entirely innocent. I forced Beric into marrying Aliandra, but I believed that they would fall in love, I did not know what would come of their marriage. But you knew. You knew Aegon loved Baela and you took him from her all the same."

Alayne looks at her sister, shaking her head, "You know what it's like to be manipulated by father. To be told what you think you want. We both do. And yet we both did the same thing to our children. When does the cycle stop?"

Alicent looks away from her sister.

"Do you want your children to feel the same way that you and I feel about father? As though we are pieces to move about a board? Because that is how Aegon feels. When you forced him to marry Baela he told me that he would burn Westeros down. That he would ruin you. Force Aegon on that throne and he will be the second coming of Maegor, not because he's cruel, but to spite you."

"And what would you have me do?" Alicent asks.

Alayne steps forward and takes her sister's hand into her own, "Do not allow father to crown Aegon. If he runs, do not chase him. Let your son be happy. I know father has put lies in your head that Rhaenyra will have your children killed, but you know her. You know me. I would never let anything happen to them. Or you."