lxi.

134 A.C.
THE CROWNLANDS
•••

ARGELLA WATCHED AS DURRAN AND DAEMON SAT BY THE FIRE, DURRAN RECOUNTING THE FIGHT AT ROOK'S REST AND DAEMON GIVING HIM HIS UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. At one point Daemon tease the teen boy and Durran's cheeks flush red before Daemon lets out a loud bark of laughter. A smile spread on Argella's lips. Yes, their father was gone, but they were not without a father.

"You should celebrate," Aliandra says as she walks over to where Argella was standing, "The war is nearly won. We are going to take King's Landing."

"Yes," Argella says as she shifts her attention over to the Princess of Dorne, "But at what cost? My father is dead. My sister and nephew still missing. We do not celebrate until the Green Rebellion is entirely put down."

Aliandra can't help but laugh at Argella's words, which surprises the older of the two. She quirks a brow, but Aliandra simply shakes her head, "You are far too serious."

"It is war-"

"I know it is war," Aliandra says, "But Daemon is relaxing. If the Rouge Prince can sit down and breathe for a moment, don't you think you can as well?"

Argella glances over at Daemon and Durran before sighing. She'd been carrying the burden of her family, trying to ensure that she didn't lose any more family. She tried to be brave. To be the best leader that she could. She wanted to relax, but she couldn't. Not till her family was together again.

"My Lady!"

Argella looks up as one of the men keeping watch approaches her. Daemon also looks up at the sound and holds a finger up to Durran as he listens to the news that is being given to Argella.

"What is it?" Argella asks.

"Our scouts picked up some activity on the road."

"What kind of activity?" Argella asks.

"Well, they say there was a woman."

Argella's eyes narrow, "A woman? Please do not tell me that we an army fear a woman?"

"Well actually there were two-"

"Oh don't tell me that there was a baby with them?" Argella mocks and the man lowers his head.

"There was a baby with them," he says, cheeks flushing red, "My lady."

Argella's brows furrow. That was certainly an interesting traveling party. She looks over at Aliandra who shrugs and then at Daemon.

"It's your call," Daemon states.

Argella nods her head as she looks back at the guard, "I shall go speak with them."

"My lady there is no need, we can handle it."

Argella shrugs, "It is of no concern; besides I would never send my men where I would not go myself."

Argella bends over and grabs her sword which had been resting on a log and fastens the belt around her waist. Durran rises to his feet, "I shall come with you."

Argella shakes her head, "Durran you needn't-"

"Where you go I go as well," Durran states, "Even if it is to talk to travelers on the road."

Argella glances at her brother and simply nods, "Come."

Durran doesn't hesitate as he grabs his sword as well, following after his sister. The two of them make their way through the camp before making their way to the road that they had purposely settled near.