xxxi.

126 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

THERE WAS ABSOLUTE MAYHEM IN KING'S LANDING AS PEOPLE GATHERED TO CELEBRATE THE FORTY-FIFTH NAME DAY OF KING VISERYS. However, no one was more excited than Cassana Baratheon who'd actually heeded Rhaenyra's advice and decided to enter the archery tourney. She was excited to exhibit her skills, especially since there were talks of a potential visit to Dragonstone following the King's name day.

"Unlike all of you who enjoy watching the suffering of others, I am most excited for the dancing and feast," Elissa says as she takes breakfast with her siblings and cousins, "The music will be most divine."

"And you will enjoy it in a corner alone without a dance partner," Beric teases, earning a loud laugh from Durran and Jace beside him.

"Do you need a dance partner?" Helaena asks Elissa, not aware of Beric's teasing, "I gladly volunteer."

Elissa smiles, "Thank you, Helaena. Beric was being an ass."

Aegon lets out a gasp as he shoves a piece of bacon into his mouth, "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Do you kiss anyone with yours?" Elissa asks. Aegon frowns as he looks at Elissa and the younger girl smiles innocently at her cousin. Argella and Baela both begin laughing at the comment and Aegon looks over at Baela who was seated beside him, and her laughter comes to a stop as she tried to play it off as a cough.

"That was an inappropriate thing to say," Argella tells her sister, once she's stopped laughing, "And if you do it again, at least give me a warning, I almost choked on my water!"

This time everyone at the table begins laughing aside from Aegon who wears a frown on his lips. Baela pats the prince on the shoulder, "Oh it's okay, I'm sure someone shall kiss you someday."

"I have kissed someone," Aegon retorts defensively.

"Oh really?" Jace asks, "Who is she?"

"You," Aegon falters, "You wouldn't know her."

"And is that because she doesn't exist?" Aemond asks as he looks over at Beric who was already laughing. Aegon's frown deepens, and Baela's smile slips away as she notices. She looks over at Beric and Aemond.

"And what's the name of your first kiss?" Baela demands. Beric, Jace, and Aemond all stop laughing as they look at her. Argella smiles as she rests her chin in the palm of her hand and looks at her betrothed.

"Well, I-" Aemond begins to stutter over himself and looks over at Argella, "It hasn't happened but I do know her name. It's Argella."

Argella and Aemond look at one another with shy smiles.

"Gross," Lucerys says from beside Falia.

"I think it's romantic," Rhaena says with a grin.

Aegon leans over and whispers to Baela, "Thank you."

"Of course," Baela says, as she smiles at Aegon, "Besides I'm the only one who's allowed to make fun of you."

Rather than disagree, Aegon simply smiles at her.

After breakfast, Aegon finds himself with Brandon, training out in the courtyard. Ser Harwin was also there, working with Jace and Luke while Ser Criston was training with Argella and Aemond.

"Uncle," Aegon says, as he swings at a dummy, "What do girls like?"

Brandon quirks a brow at the prince, "Wouldn't you like to talk to your father about this?"

Aegon scoffs, "Absolutely not. I would talk to the Septon before my father."

It was upsetting that Aegon, Helaena, and Aemond often felt that they could not go to their parents with their problems. Instead, they found themselves going to their Uncle and Aunt when they doubted themselves or had questions.