lxviii.

134 A.C.
KING'S LANDING
•••

LUKE AND ELISSA WERE SITTING IN THE GARDENS OF THE RED KEEP AS THEY WATCHED Falia and Garmund as they walked and talked. They heard laughter coming from the two of them and saw smiles on the faces of the two.

Lucerys gazes at Falia and Garmund, who are engrossed in their conversation, laughter filling the air, "They seem to be having a splendid time, don't they?"

"Falia's always had a way with people, and Garmund seems smitten by her charms. It's a joy to see my sister so happy."

Lucerys quirks a brow at Elissa, "Are you feeling alright?"

Elissa looks up at Lucerys, "What do you mean?"

"That was just a very nice response," Luke states.

Elissa rolls her eyes, "I am capable of being nice."

Luke's lips quirk in a smile, "Rarely."

"Oh whatever," Elissa responds as she turns her attention to the fabrics on the table. There were black and red and silvery blues, "Have you decided?"

Luke sighs as he leans back, "I cannot make up my mind. Why is it so difficult to decide?"

"It's because you are attempting to decide between your two houses. Velaryon and Targaryen. I think you should pick black. That way it won't clash with the Velaryon decorations," Elissa explains.

"Black is the color of death and I intend for this marriage to be successful," Luke states.

Elissa sighs, "Then wear red and disappoint your grandfather."

Luke looks at the fabrics, "Do you know the color of Rhaena's dress?"

"Red," Elissa answers, "Perhaps you could wear a combination of blue and red, symbolic of you being both a Velaryon and a Targaryen."

Luke chuckles at the words as he looks up at Elissa, "I am not a Velaryon."

"According to the history books, you are," Elissa states, "You may not look like one, but the histories will remember you as one."

"Alys," Luke says, "She's a Strong apparently. Lord Lyonel was her father."

"I'm not surprised," Elissa says, "There's a resemblance."

"I miss the days when it was all of us," Luke states, as he recalls their time on Dragonstone. Before they were turned against each other when he didn't have just one father, but four. When all he knew was love and safety.

"I do too," Elissa breathes, "But people die. Life goes on. Soon we will be the parents that are children miss dearly."

Luke's lips quirk as he looks at Elissa, "You do realize that with the pact of Ice and Fire, my daughter will marry Rickon."

Elissa laughs, "Have you begun to think of baby names?"

"If it's a girl, Laena. A boy, Jacaerys."

"Baela will be furious," Elissa states.

Luke nods toward Elissa, "What about you?"

Elissa looks at the sky thoughtfully, "Brandon. It's the only name I can think of."

"Your mother will love it," Luke says.

"Yes well, I know I'll have to fight my siblings for it. Though the only threat right now is Durran. Perhaps I can negotiate with him. He can name his children after Daemon, and I'll name mine after mother and father."