Chapter 38

Margaret's POV: (Dec. 3rd) 

I was walking down the sidewalk, headed towards school, when I saw Elliot's neon green car pulling up next to me. I smiled and greeted him as I climbed into the backseat before my good morning was cut-short by Jasper's lips overtaking my own. I heard Elliot chuckle some, making a comment about chauffeuring the two sick love birds to school but my thoughts were too clouded with Jasper's kiss to make an adequate response. 

When he ended the kiss I felt myself having to catch my breath for multiple reasons. I opened my eyes only to be captured in his melted golden stare as his smile dazzled me nearly as much as the kiss did. His hand gently traced the scars on my cheek, and I realized that his other hand was resting on my leg. If I had know that all I had to do to get this type of attention from him was not see him for a few days, I would have stayed home from school much sooner. 

"I take it your trip the last few days went well then?" (Mag)

"No, it was horrible without you with me." (Jas)

"Well then maybe one day I can go with you." (Mag)

I watched him tense for a moment, his smile seeming forced for a brief second in time, before he simply nodded and kissed me again. I heard Elliot clear his throat and I broke the kiss with a fierce blush on my face as I saw that we were in the school parking lot. Elliot let out a full on laugh as my blush grew deeper before he turned in his seat and looked at us both. 

"As much a fan as I am on young love and that, you two best be getting to class or it'll be my arse on the line with mum and da." (El) 

"We will, thank you Elliot and sorry we didn't get to chat this morning." (Mag)

"Ah not to worry dove, he'll have to let the rest of the family have some time with yah eventually in the next few days. Got yourself a birthday comin up after all." (El)

"How....how did you know that?" (Mag)

"Eh? Jazz told us, December 17th right?" (El)

"Yes, I'm surprised you remembered Jazz." (Mag)

"Ha, oh trust me dove, he hasn't forgotten a word that's left your lips, treats each one like gold rather." (El)

"Alright that's enough. Goodbye Elliot, let's go Margaret." (Jas)

I could see that Elliot was enjoying this conversation much more than Jasper was, but what Elliot told did fill me with a sense of belonging and love. I never really expected Jasper to care for me as strongly as I did for him. It just didn't make sense, not really. Sure I knew I could pass for cute or even pretty despite the scars. But he was supermodel, panty-dropper, gorgeous. We were simply not equals but for him to cherish everything I said in such a way. My heart felt like it was near bursting with love for him as he helped me out of the car, shutting the door behind him and waving by to Elliot. 

He turned back towards me, his eyes and smile brilliantly shining, as he tilted his head in the adorable way that I loved as he looked down at me. I raised my hand and placed it gently on his cheek, ever marveling at how cold it felt beneath my hand and yet how comforting that cold was to me. 

"What is it?" (Jas)

"Nothing, I just.....I love you Jasper more and more each day." (Mag)

I saw his smile grow some, though how that was possible I wasn't sure, before he pulled me closer to him again and kissed me. I heard a catcall and a slap coming from next to us in the parking lot and I knew it was Rose and Emmett but I didn't pull away from the kiss until I felt sure that my lips would be swollen if we kept this up much longer. Finally parting from one another I laid my head against his chest as his arms wrapped around me. I felt him kiss the top of my head before whispering into my ear, causing my own smile to grow. 

"I love you more and more each second Maggie." (Jas) 

Jasper's POV: 

I hadn't seen her since we left to go hunting two days ago. It was a much needed trip, because even though her blood didn't tempt me, the same could not be said for the rest of the human population around us. I knew that Alice had already seen Margaret as one of us, and though the thought of damning her to this life upset me I knew if it was a choice she willingly made I wouldn't stand in her way. I would rather suffer hell for all eternity than go a single day existing without her. 

She stayed close to my side as we walked over to the others, her smile never wavering, not even with Emmett's booming sounding laugh echoing around us. She was finally growing comfortable around all of us, not just me and the females of the family, and for that I was extremely thankful. I wanted her to feel nothing but safe in my arms and in our family. I already knew that I would spend the rest of my existence trying to capture that smile that was now playing on her lips. 

I heard Emmett whisper 'you're officially whooped' under his breath, in a voice far too low for anyone not a vampire to hear, but it didn't even upset me. If anything I could only agree with him. I was whooped, but since it was by an angel I found I couldn't really be that upset about it. 

Randy's POV: 

I was planning on making Carly mine in every sense of the word later this week, whether she wanted to be or not. I was done waiting for her to decide. She wanted to get upset because I haven't told that stupid useless excuse for an extra state paycheck upstairs what we are. Ha. What difference does it make? Told her mother, even turned her into one, and what did it get me in the end? Not a damn thing. Who gives a flying rat's ass if she knows or not. I haven't decided what to do with her when she comes of age anyway, hell might toss her on her ass or might change her like her dearly departed bitch of a mother. Haven't decided yet. 

"YO! Randy! Coming out with us man?!?" 

"You bet Buck! Even if it does mean looking at your ugly mug half the evening!" (Ran)

I heard the other guys laugh as I stepped into my truck, revving the engine and heading out to the cabin we use a lot to drink and play cards, or fuck women. Buck was right behind me with Evan and Mike already here. Few of the other guys may show up throughout the night, all depends on their plans for the evening. For now, I get to plan what I'm going to do about Carly and that little bitch I've been stuck with the last decade.